 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4634
  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

I have mixed feelings about this whole thread, but the one person that comes closest to expressing views I can agree with is Ben. I do think there is a gap that does and probably should exist between "fans" and an official company person. I think (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) Why? I see no reason to differentiate between two people simply because one had the luck and skill to get a job at the same place we would all love to work for. It seems to me that an employee of Lego is more likely to be an AFOL than not, and (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) I know that I personally harbor a fear of LUGNET becoming a platform for free advertising for TLC. I don't really know what harm would befall the community from that, but it seems somehow wrong. I don't know how to express this fear (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) One thing I seen....is the apparent lack of "care" TLC has really put forth in north america. There still is a wide gaps in quality products between Europe and North America. Sure its nice to have 2 fulfillment centers, but why does one have (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) I think that you two have been tremendously good at thinking into the future and setting things up right to avoid all kinds of potential pitfalls. But in this case, what harm could crop up that you could not remedy if you just let them post (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) As far as these types of things go, I think the response we've gotten from TLC is that Europe's just a better/more loyal consumer than North America. I remember (I think at BrickFest '01? Maybe a different time...) Brad talking about stores in (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) Todd, isn't the very existance of Lugnet a de facto advertisement for Lego, and isn't that a good thing? I mean, everyone here is a Lego consumer, by definition. AFOL: Adult Friend Of Lego. We all buy Legos. We all like building with Legos. We (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) I meant that it seems, in retrospect, as though TLC has done so much taking and so little giving. That tends to makes me feel uneasy from time to time. (...) As I understand it, it has always been important to TLC that it not sponsor (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) I think the initial intent was to keep from being "strongarmed" by Lego into actually being a real commercial force. IE, ad banners, ONLY pro-Lego propaganda (no flames on TLC's business decisions, etc, like juniorization qualms), etc. Also, (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

"Benjamin Medinets" <bmedinets@excite.com> wrote in message news:GxpK80.59p@lugnet.com... <snip> (...) objectives (...) </snip> I've one answer to this unfair treatment: 3033 Duq (from europe) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) Not anymore you don't. -- Hop-Frog (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) As opposed to the "over-care" of the past decades? I think what you consider "lack of care" is actually the LEGO company realising that there are markets outside the US, and that if they don't stop being a US-centric company, they will end up (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) Well that is one approach to looking at it...yes for several...errr... many years North America (US and Canada) was spoiled. I'll have to agree somewhat to the approach you are taking. I don't disagree with a world point of view. My qualms is (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

EWOK!!!...!!! (...) 8< YUBB YUBB >8 (...) 8< YUBB YUBB >8 (...) 8< YUBB YUBB >8 (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) Don't let your irrational fears hold you back. Define them and deal with them. I work in a big business. The objective is to avoid biting the hand that feeds, avoid killing the golden goose etc. I think you can trust TLC to generally respect (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) <snip> (...) <snip> Why should Lego have to bribe us with donations and unprofitable products? Allowing Lego to post here doesn't seem like bending over backwards to me. Lego's reps are restricted to posting in a forum where all they hear are (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)