 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4634
Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 17:19:07 GMT

I have mixed feelings about this whole thread, but the one person that comes
closest to expressing views I can agree with is Ben.  I do think there is a
gap that does and probably should exist between "fans" and an official
company person.

I think the desire for greater communication becomes emotionally charged
with the idea of possibly getting "insider" information, which Jake asserts
will not be happening -- so get it once and for all: NO SPECIAL TREATMENT IS
FORTHCOMING!  So what do we get with a greater level of communication,
REALLY?  Answer: thinly veiled marketing tactics (or euphemistically
"inclusion") more than likely. And frankly, who cares?

I am willing to give the Lugnet admins a lot of latitude here because they
know things we do not know (they essentially have to be in the position of
knowing more).  What they know is something that might be good to reveal to
the greater Lugnet community at this time (at least some of it perhaps).  I
wrote this in an attempt to give form to some general queries:

http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=4618

Anyway, I am not jumping to conclusions either way.  Maybe the Lugnet admins
ARE wrong about this issue.  Maybe they are PROTECTING Lugnet from becoming
a platform for free advertising for TLC instead.

Can everyone see that this may be far more complicated than what it may seem
on the surface? Check your assumptions at the door.

-- Hop-Frog