 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4635
Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 17:25:14 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.lego.direct, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
Thank you, Jake.
I just wanted to confirm my suspicion.[1]

Such a lack of maturity from one who's actions reflect on The LEGO Company
is very disappointing. But, your 'using' of this community is inexcusable.

-Suz
LUGNET Admin

[1] Since our last phone conversation a few months ago, in which Jake again
asked for sitewide posting and I answered in the negative, he has been
giving this entire community the 'silent treatment' in hopes to 'get his way.'

I am disappointed in you, Suz.  Your post was rude and uncalled for, and Jake
deserves an apology.  It is also a prime example of why the level of
interaction between the community and Lego has dropped recently.  How can you
expect anyone to post on a forum where they recieve such a level of disrespect
from the people who should never show such (i.e., the admins)?  Tim Saupe has a
point when he says that Lugnet is going downhill, and I believe the level of
rudeness and disrespect the admins have shown towards both Lego and the
community in general is one of the main causes of this.  If the current admins
cannot perform the public relations duties required of administrating such a
large forum, either find people who can, or expect the site to fade into
obscurity as people find other, more pleasent places to converse.

It sure seems that "To enrich the online experience for the LEGO enthusiast in
a growing number of new ways"(1) no longer rings true.

Jeff

1 - http://www.lugnet.com/admin/plan/2.html