 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *3984 (-20)
  Re: New bulk discount

(...) Ditto. I just verified this by attempting to order 15 copies of grey 2x4 bricks. I got all the way to "Submit Order" with no discount being applied. x-post & FUT lugnet.lego.direct so that someone from Lego sees & (hopefully) answers. thanks, (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jan-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Euro: one currency does not mean one price :-(

Wessel inspired me to do my own little survey. My pick was slightly different; not so much the high end of the range, but across the themes and prices (and more or less my own taste ;-). I found some strange stuff....... My pick: 7191 Collector's (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.lu, lugnet.loc.ie, lugnet.loc.fr, lugnet.loc.fi, lugnet.loc.at)

  Re: Shop At Home catalog Engine Shed

(...) And make some without flanges, too! ROSCO (23 years ago, 5-Jan-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Euro: one currency does not mean one price :-(

(...) Sorry if it wasn't clear but I was agreeing with you... this is an inexplicable variance that over time would expected to become invariant, hopefully at the lower price points. That's the thesis of The Economist, and my hope as well. (23 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.lego.direct)

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:GpFJ64.LBE@lugnet.com... (...) No. I meant there isn't any VAT difference at all, now. Period In the EU VAT is charged at the rate of the selling country, not the customers country. (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Euro: one currency does not mean one price :-(

(...) Right, I think that's what The Economist was driving at... that these sorts of inexplicable variances will, over time, either become explicable or become invariant, and that when they become invariant, competitive pressure will tend to cause (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Delivery criticism!

"Michael Lachmann" <michael.lachmann@lm...tware.com> wrote in message news:GpEHr8.Krp@lugnet.com... (...) snip (...) snip (...) snip (...) I can only second Jonathon's comments. I am in the UK and have ordered many things from shop@home - dozens of (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Euro: one currency does not mean one price :-(

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:GpFDv8.561@lugnet.com... (...) With LEGO's European wide e-commerce from Denmark there wont be any local price differences for VAT. However, they say that they must factor in the (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Delivery criticism!

I'm very sorry to hear of your problems. In the UK, I've had no trouble at all, with everything having been delivered within a few days of order, or of being made available when I pre-order. I always select the lowest level of delivery priority, but (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Euro: one currency does not mean one price :-(

The guys at LEGO do not only make up this prices at random, in fact they have totally lost their minds. The UCS X-Wing now costs 209 EUR. That's madness - it's even more expensive than the Rebel Blockade Runner now. And talking about the amount of (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.lu, lugnet.loc.ie, lugnet.loc.fr, lugnet.loc.fi, lugnet.loc.at)

  Re: Euro: one currency does not mean one price :-(

(...) According to a survey of the Euro in a recent Economist, one of the expected outcomes of Euro-isation is to make it easier to highlight price differences. Where the price differences are due to no reason at all, the expected outcome is that (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO direct query of the week

(...) [snipped description of affront] That is pretty lame -- considering that football/soccer is a big deal almost everywhere except the US. (...) I'd guess the US team sets have happened because (a) soccer is very popular as a kid's sport in the (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO direct query of the week

(...) I think it's mostly a matter of the size of the market, though in that case Germany should see some specials also. It may also be a factor that probably the largest soccer fan base in the US is also pretty much the age range for LEGO (soccer (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Shop At Home catalog Engine Shed

(...) I spent some time with the track workers when my company was developing some automation equipment for a railroad. Track workers wear ordinary clothes like construction workers. What you need is construction hats in yellow. Lester PS: Track (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Euro: one currency does not mean one price :-(

could they be running a converter on their exiasting prices - which are well documented as being different - untill they get everything straight ?? -- James Stacey ---...--- www.minifig.co.uk #925 - I'm a citizen of Legoland travelling Incommunicado (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Euro: one currency does not mean one price :-(

(...) I think it's probably decided on a per country basis, taking into account local taxes, shipping costs and pricing habits (.99 is much more common in Germany than France, for example). Jürgen (23 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Euro: one currency does not mean one price :-(

After the introduction of the new European currency three days ago, I was very curious about what would happen to S@H's prices in the euro-zone. What now follows are my findings (which are by no means scientific - it just illustrates how weird their (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.lu, lugnet.loc.ie, lugnet.loc.fr, lugnet.loc.fi, lugnet.loc.at)

  Re: Shop At Home catalog Engine Shed

(...) at (...) wheel, (...) right (...) If it helps: I ask, I even beg for big train wheels! (Smaller than 396 ones, bigger than 7750 ones.) And please add a hole for connecting rods and please make them in red and black.... To syncronise them (left (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO direct query of the week

(...) <snips> (...) Let me know when *that* set comes out ;) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO direct query of the week

(...) Yes, but there are 2 teams in the set, and it does say that you can turn "YOUR SQUAD" into the US team, not that you can turn one team into the US team...so I still believe it reads as though there will be an Australian team in the set if I (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact