 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *3639 (-20)
  Re: Shipping tip - Don't Use Regular

I now have my one. Personally, I 'm a little miffed at being expected to pay full rrp for large *online* purchases *and* pay postage. I'm especially miffed at being expected to pay a premium to have the package arrive within 2 weeks. The outcome: My (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Goodbye Lego and thanks for all the bricks

(...) Indeed. They did it before. Ever see the figures available during the mid 1970's? They had Town sets, but no mini-fig as we think of it. And during the 80's, it wasn't called System with a logo. The boxes just had the word LEGOLAND stamped on (...) (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Goodbye Lego and thanks for all the bricks

(...) I can't see why this is the wrong place for Wilkes' comments. Dear Lego is an almost pointless place to put voice to these sentiments [lugnet.dear-lego– Open letters to the LEGO Group (not necessarily to be read by anyone at LEGO)]. By (...) (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Goodbye Lego and thanks for all the bricks

Can't you move this to "dear-lego"? This tirade really has little to do with lego direct, and if I wanted to read all the whining about lego not making toys you like anymore, I would read dear-lego. Frankly, LEGO Direct is doing a lot of things (...) (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Goodbye Lego and thanks for all the bricks

(...) Relax... they'll come up with a replacement for the 3033 blue tub. Offering sets consisting of only bricks is not a one-time thing, you know. Recall 950 piece buckets 1819 and 1776. Granted, the list price was $20 and a tub beats the heck out (...) (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Goodbye Lego and thanks for all the bricks

(...) Darn! lol :) <snip> (...) Profits? They are trying to charge MORE for LESS take for example the blue tub, $20 for 1200 bricks (the 3033) well, its gone - what replaced it? Another blue tub with just over 600 parts (parts, not bricks) for the (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Goodbye Lego and thanks for all the bricks

(...) "System" to me is more about an interconnected play world, with original, open themes, than it is about the particular form of the figures. Playmobil has its own "system," for example. Lego could conceivably develop a new one based on a (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Goodbye Lego and thanks for all the bricks

(...) Yes Adidas has been part of the soccer sets from the begining. Derek (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Goodbye Lego and thanks for all the bricks

(...) Hi, I was at the Lego Event 2001 in Holland, and some people where complaining (as i do too) abouth the sets. Too many large bricks (juniorisation), no houses as in the 80-ties, and getting too expensive for what you get. Santa Claus is (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Goodbye Lego and thanks for all the bricks

(...) I heard Lego are developing a new operating system for their new line of Lego Notebook computers. I think their called Brickpads or something.. I'm Kidding. Microsoft doesnt make plastic construction bricks, Lego doesnt need to get involved in (...) (23 years ago, 11-Nov-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Goodbye Lego and thanks for all the bricks

I'm gonna stick my nose in here, and say I agree whole hartedly. besides that you can now save money :-) I haven't bought anything from lego in aprox 9 monthes. of coarse I'm going into my dark ages, so you might have different results with not (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Goodbye Lego and thanks for all the bricks

(...) They do show some spark, but not quite enough. I have some interest in the squid vehicle, which uses some very un-lego-like elements, but I still like it because it has style up the wazoo. But after the whole Ogel's Control Center (...) (23 years ago, 11-Nov-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Goodbye Lego and thanks for all the bricks

I saw an Adidas brick (white soccer barrier) in the K8 pile at Brickfest last July. I'm not a Soccer collector so I assumed it was nothing new. The other two soccer barriers I found were advertising Lego themes (Arctic for one.) Personally, I can (...) (23 years ago, 11-Nov-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Goodbye Lego and thanks for all the bricks

(...) Not answering for Lawrence; these are my opinions. After I read the catalog, I was struck (and dismayed) by one thing above all: No new major System theme entries for 2002, except Harry Potter (which debuted early for film schedule reasons). (...) (23 years ago, 11-Nov-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

"Allan Bedford" <apotomeREMOVE-THIS@...vista.net> wrote in message news:GMn6Cr.5y0@lugnet.com... (...) They have had all the input and direction they need via Lugnet. My thoughts aren't too dissimilar to many others here. I can't see Lego having (...) (23 years ago, 11-Nov-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Goodbye Lego and thanks for all the bricks

(...) Why? (23 years ago, 11-Nov-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Goodbye Lego and thanks for all the bricks

2002 catalogue. Oh dear, dear, dear. Where did it all go so wrong? Sorry, I am disappointed so much I cant even be bothered to tell you why. lawrence (23 years ago, 11-Nov-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Shipping tip - Don't Use Regular

I was about to post on this subject myself. I made an order on the 13th of Oct. According to S@H, it was shipped on the 16th. It still hasn't arrived. That's 18 working days. At the time I made my first call to find out where it was, I ordered a (...) (23 years ago, 9-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: New eBay/LEGO Auction for America

Sorry to reply to my own message, but I wanted to just remind everyone about this auction. It will end tomorrow, so if you want to get a bid in, there is still time! Jake --- Jake McKee Sr. Producer LEGO Direct (...) (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Ages on shop.lego.com

(...) What? You've never heard a proud mother refer to her child as 1.25 years old? (Not 15 months...) (...) -Jason (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact