 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *3499 (-10)
  Re: What makes a legend?

(...) Indeed!!!!!!!! A dark Gray 6075 castle would be phenomenal. (URL) wouldn’t be a be in the Legends line, but instead a ‘re-mastered classic!’) And along with a service pack or minifig pack would be most excellent. (URL) (or) (URL) I honestly do (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: what makes a legend?

In regards to your question, I feel certain changes such as wheels and stickers are totally accaptable, as long as the reason for the change is explained before hand. The only changes I would be against are changes in the colour of pieces (I (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: what makes a legend?

Just my opinion, but, whatever you do, at least in the case of town, make sure it's a unique set. Not another police or fire station. Try to think Main Street/6390 (<<--My #1), Public Works Centre/6383, Holiday Airport/6395, Weekend Home/6370, etc. (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: what makes a legend?

Brad Justus wrote in message ... (...) <snip> (...) are (...) we -- (...) details? I agree with those who have written that the spirit of the set is more important than the details of individual parts. Specifically, I don't care about the metal (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: what makes a legend?

(...) Yuck! That would no longer be a window. Better to redesign it. Take this as a tricky case study in substitution. Recall: it's a 1x4x3 window space, with 6 red 1x1 windows in the middle flanked by yellow 1x1 rounds. A narrow red train window (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: what makes a legend?

(...) You have defined a LEGO Legend very well, any set that became a "landmark" is a good candidate, either because it was the first set in a theme or because it was a market success. I guess it depends on how dramatic the difference between the (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: what makes a legend?

Well, I would think it to be a good idea if LEGO released accessory kits to go along with the legend theme. The voting thing is okay, but I'm looking for a re-release of a classic space set and more castle sets! Anyways, keep it up! You're doing a (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: what makes a legend?

(...) Sure, there is SOME way (...) But that's it. Cost. This is a low budget operation and molds are not cheap. Precision tolerances are pricey. I have heard numbers batted around that I have a bit of faith in even though they were speculation... (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: what makes a legend?

(...) ?? I have never found this to be the case, can you provide some examples? Brickshelf scans are typically at very very high resolution. As good or better as the print quality itself and images printed from them are as good as any reproduction (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: what makes a legend?

First off, let me thank you for going out to the lego community like this and actually asking us what we think about this. It shows us you are aware of us as a relevant source for opinions. My other great hobby apart from lego is that I am a huge (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact