 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *1374 (-100)
  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Very true. How many people would buy a metroliner or a black seas baracuda or any other so called "rare" set just because its "rare" and/or valuable? I certainly woudnt. There are only 2 reasons I buy lego: Because I like the design of the (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts - web design issues

(...) Mark Sandlin wrote: (...) Stuffit is the culprit... it's claiming the ZIP files are corrupted... Oh well... If LEGO wants me to watch their little movies, then they can post them online like everyone else does... The days of downloading a (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) I'm not sure this is completely true, inasmuch as the desirable parts have intrinsic value (contrast with highly desirable collectible stamps). I for one will always value train windows at a non zero amount, because I actually use them in (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Well said, Lars! That's it exactly! I think this is the stance most in the GoB take. If you'll recall, there have been people in the past who copied my first publicly sold model. That's fine by me, and I said so at the time, as they were doing (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Desirable parts (was Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts)

(...) You're joking, right? Garage doors are desirable (highly). If they start selling them Bulk, they're STILL desirable. To BUILD with. I don't amass certain parts because they are desirable (that would be silly, as it would cost me way too much (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

I've been reading this thread with interest. The PC industry was created when Compaq reverse engineered the BIOS chip on the IBM PC back in the early 80's. All other components of the computer were bought from other sources. The only chip IBM (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Ok, I'm not sure how it's bad yet... (...) That's because you might be able to get one cheaper, I assume? Is that bad? I'd call it good... (...) That's actually pretty good, too, since now I can buy the instructions (or get 'em off brickshelf) (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

Does this mean I should stop looking for those $500 Lego 7750 trains on eBay, where all I really want are the big red train wheels? You know, if it sounds too good to be true... (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) What he said. :-/ Thanks, Franklin (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Why not take this over to .debate?? -Tim (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) This reply/thread is for the posting of messages from people who believe that everyone's creations are theirs only, and must be paid for. Please post your replies HERE. (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) This message is for any messages SUPPORTING Lego designs being traded freely, without any costs. Reply with your arguments here. (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) This is incredible. I have created a self-sustaining argument over Lego rights. This is actually, in a strange, twisted way, funny. I never thought that debates like this would carry over into Lugnet. And never intended to start a debate in (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) If they would even issue PDFs of the stickers so that they were scaled properly, that would be awesome. I'd print them out myself on the color printer and use them. The custom generator for the Silver Champion stickers doesn't work at all: (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

If LEGO offers all the 'desireable' parts, then they no longer are desireable. LEGO would never do this as it would kill off a good deal of their business, namely, AFOLs. Build On! John Matthews Tim Courtney <tim@zacktron.com> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) I would imagine that the folowing might cause problems: 1.licenced sets like SW (lucasfilm might not want the instructions to go online) 2.promotional sets (like the shell gas station sets) 3.sets that they have lost the instructions for or (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) "Within a year building instructions for LEGO sets developed since 1955 will be accessible online." It does obviously NOT say the following: ---Within a year building instructions for *all* LEGO sets... I rather read it this way: ---Within a (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Well, I'm not a lawyer, but I don't think you've got much of an argument here. As long as I credit the creator, and am not republishing or selling their work, then you're out of luck trying to sue me. If I build a model based on pictures of (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

I buy lego sets for the designs, and for the experience of building someone else's design. I really feel that building a set is a form of performance art, and the lego instruction developers are true artists, and it is fun to see things come (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) And another word I hope they'll not overlook - Linux, Linux, Linux, Linux!! Regards, ROSCO (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) That is to be expected, and that wasn't the point I was trying to make. I'm not offended by people copying my designs for their own private enjoyment. Suppose LEGO claims rights to any sets you create using their service. Suppose they go on to (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) I'm not too experienced with LEGO software, but I can't say I've had the impression that LEGO lives by those rules so far. Ok, so my hands on experience is limited to the Cybermaster unit, which needs specific operating system¹ versions to (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Really. So if I look at the Guild of Bricksmith page, and copy one of your designs, and place it in my living room, you're going to take me to court? Good luck not getting laughed at by the judge. You do realise that you have to prove some (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) And that is one thing that I want make sure is happening. I want TLC to be able to make money. If they aren't making money, it will mean that they will go under, to be bought out by someone else. I think that as much as TLC policies sometimes (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Please help: Call from "Rick Highberger"

I got a message at the school that the LEGO Robotics team I coach represents. The message indicates Rich Highberger, of LEGO called to speak with me yesterday (following our outstanding showing on Sunday, where we placed 2nd overall and took home (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) If you did this to one of my GoB sets, and I find out about it, I _will_ take you to small claims court. _I_ own the design, period. If you come up with something similar, fine. But, if you take from my design, and it is not enough different (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Hooray!!!! I'm not sure my comments won't fall into the 'me too' folder, but this means a lot to me. It appears that within the next couple of years, LEGO will cater to the needs of builders like me. This means I can seriously imagine getting (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Wait a Minute! (was: Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts)

(...) I would have to side with Eric on this one. Although I've been drooling over the possibilities of true bulk ordering, my suspicion is that the range of elements will be severly limited. Look for example at (URL) which shows models of the (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

I am curious as to how they plan to do this. Of course it's already true to a large extent. KL (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Uh. I was mostly joking. I haven't seen a BETAMAX tape since.... well, since the first place my family used to rent videos from, which was back in... crap. I dunno. '85? '86? I figured it was a marketing thing, though, since the main purpose (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

"John VanZwieten" <john_vanzwieten@email.msn.com> wrote in message news:G55qKL.6ou@lugnet.com... (...) It probably won't mean *any* piece, but I can imagine that a good assortment of the most desired pieces will be made available. It would be silly (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Kids take charge of product development at LEGO.com

(...) I read that as meaning the current bulk brick offerings. /Eric McC/ (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

"Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message news:G55r47.8xK@lugnet.com... (...) There is an incredible opportunity there, I've had many conversations with people in the commuinty about what is there. I haven't heard from them about anything (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Wait a Minute! (was: Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts)

(...) Wait a minute! Nowhere does the press release state that you will be able to buy any piece in any quantity. It states "bricks." I think what they mean by this is the current bulk brick offerings. Maybe slightly augmented. Kevin Zwicker (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) I don't think you can expect any such effect. Keep in mind that there's more to a LEGO set than the parts included and the main model. There's also the box and instruction artwork, specialized minifigs, cartoons, the theme itself, as well as (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

No, probably a Betacam SP format video tape. That's the most common (analog) professional video format. It uses Betamax form-factor tapes but the tape material, speed and format is completely different. KL (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

"Fredrik Glöckner" <fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no> wrote in message news:qrdd7f5cwad.fsf....uio.no... (...) I don't believe you missed anything. That was an assumption on my part of how much potential I believe this system to have. If indeed TLC comes (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) A BETAMAX format video of the vid clips? eric (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

How about LEGO stickers? Will actual ones be available? Dan dandman1@concentric.net (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

Speaking of lifting spirits, I'm right there with ya'! With the lack of new trains and town sets for 2001, I was feeling a bit down. The revelation of being able to build your own sets lifts TLC back upon the pedestal I placed them on in the early (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Anybody know what the "Request BETA copy" link is for at the top of the following page: (URL) BETA copy of what? the 3D modeler? -mark (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) LEGO has their own software for drawing sets. You can see the most recent use of it in the LEGO sculpture "present/ornament" they're selling/building at LEGOLAND this Christmas. I would suspect (but don't know) that if anyone wants (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) There's a strong chance that a mutually beneficial relationship between L-CAD developers and TLC may emerge. LEGO is keeping a very open mind about new data formats. My sense is that they not only want to be able to import LDraw .DAT files (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Rights? I don't disagree with your fundamental assertions here, Mark -- but what exactly do you think happens when you post several detailed images of your stuff to the internet? Sure, maybe some people write to you and want either the (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

"Ben Roller" <broller@mail.clemson.edu> wrote in message news:G54KBx.8K4@lugnet.com... (...) truly (...) various (...) I think people may be reading way too much into this. My guess is that "build any three dimensional creation" is analagous to (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Yeah, I'm pretty sure that'll be true-- after all, one of the major costs in manufacturing is the time it takes in changing from one mold to another, when you could have been pumping out more parts. Also, I seem to recall that if the color's (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) I wonder if I have missed something important. When I read the information in the press release that people can use a free modeling program to represent their model and then submit it to buy the parts needed, I thought this program would be (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Kids take charge of product development at LEGO.com

(...) What is meant by "now" in this context?? Are they referring to bulk bricks, or is this standard PR vaporware, "now" being sometime in 2002 :-) ? ++Lar (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) I think one limitation will be related to the molds required for piece production. If the particular mold no longer exists, for example. But I'd bet that strong demand from consumers (like us) will bring out some fun pieces. -Suz (fingers (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Kids take charge of product development at LEGO.com

(...) What is meant by "now" in this context?? Or is this standard PR vaporware, "now" being sometime in 2002 :-) ? ++Lar (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Wondering about creation rights (Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts)

Actually, TLC should state right up front an established amount of money for the designers of sets that could be broken down by the numbers of elements in the design. There is an obvious savings for them if they are able to reduce the number of set (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) It is nice to see your name appear, Tony. And on such a happy note! :-) -Suz (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Wow wow slow down guys. That's just their objective. It will be a difficult job and they may only have a simple software for kids at the beginning. Frankly if they just provide a simple interface like BrickBay for each available part it would (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: I can't read it! No cookies

Yes, Dave. I'll put the press release and related text documents here: (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Sandlin" <sandlin@nwlink.com> <snip> (...) me (...) <snip> I would hope that Lego would use the same idea that they are using with the Brickilizer, that is, we post the design ( or image in the case of the (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Hola! Yes, I am still here. Been mostly lurking because I have found few posts of interest to me (re: Star Wars, the new 2001 monstrosities, etc.) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Mark Or you could just renounce your bohemian ways and come over to the MS dark side. - Gary (hope to see ya at Wayne's next weekend) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) I think that TLC will guard against this by limiting the number of elements included in the software. For example, if this software includes a database of say, 1000 parts (a wild guess), our personalized instructions will not be able to (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

My concern is this: If I design a set and post it, and it's extremely popular, what do I gain from it? Will LEGO give me a royalty on it? Will they instead reward me with bricks? Publicity? A job? If I submit my own design and stand to lose my (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Wondering about creation rights (Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts)

(...) If you are want to get pieces for a design, but don't want to give out the design, one could always do the design, get the piece count, and then build something unrelated that used the same pieces. Steve Martin (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: CAD formats (was Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) The licensing issue doesn't matter, except for appearances/impressions (having a 'licensing issue' gives the impression that we might not play well with LEGO). LEGO doesn't need the LDraw parts library, they've got their own parts database. (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

Yeah. I could BUY Virtual PC. Hmm... Only $239.99 if you want the latest version. *sigh* ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts - web design issues

(...) Well, they appear on the desktop as a Simpletext document, but if you drag the doc on top of your Quicktime Player icon, it will open and you can watch the movie. HTH ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) <snip> (...) <snip> I'm thinking I could probably blame that on Tom. ;^D ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Wondering about creation rights (Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts)

(...) Suppose you do that. I bet you a 1200pc bucket that LEGO then lays claim to the rights on your design. I remember reading something about "imbursing the creator," but it was pretty vague. Still, if I can order any piece in any color, I could (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Wow. I never expected to see this post from Tony K. If someone had told me about it before I read it, I would have told them to get their eyes checked. :) Steve (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) US-centric (and LUGNET-centric). The only international mention (other than TLC employees) is of ITLUG, UKLUG, and VLC. A couple of glaring omissions are De Bouwsteen and the German community at (URL) (specifically, (URL)). Steve (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) I am really surprised by this too - especially since a lot of AFOLs, more or less, do not buy all that much new Lego. Even sales at 10% would surprises me. Come on Brad? You must know! Tell us your secrets (the Lego ones). (...) Me too. Scott (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Did any else notice the statistics in the "Dot-com crowd loves Lego" article? (URL) article quoted Shannon Hartnett from TLC - "She said U.S. sales to this group are up close to 8% from 1998, and nearly one in 10 Lego buyers is now a grownup, (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

"Fredrik Glöckner" <fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no> wrote in message news:m3y9xt7q3s.fsf@...ldomain... (...) Hmm. As I just finished posting, before readin this, :-) ...it would be great if this software could import DAT files and convert them itself (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) I agree. Funny how that works out. --Steve Martin (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:G5561G.6xp@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) or (...) all (...) or (...) the (...) It would be great if somehow TLC worked with the LCAD community to develop this software, and allowed (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Basically, this is all about the economic side of things. Who cares? This is a free market. People will buy what they want. As much as I have used and appreciate what AucZILLA, Brickbay, etc. have done for making available specific pieces and (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) They certainly use the gallery - a link to the Globe and Mail article ("Dot-com crowd loves LEGO") that I scanned and posted there in August was on their media links page for this press release. (URL) just about died when I saw it. (...) It (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) This is excellent news! I can see an excellent possibility with the release of instructions on-line, perhaps there will be a 'Buy the parts for this set' button along with each set's instructions? i.e. they might essentially end up (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) I have been referred to Kevin's site by TLG when I asked for a copy of old instructions. (...) I have my doubts as to how far back the official Lego archives go. I would be impressed if they have instructions going all the way back to 1955 (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Re-release of classical sets?

(...) The last I heard was no, LEGO will not re-release any sets. Mind you, I do not remember the source of that so at best it is a rumour and at worst it is true. :-( Sorry, Jude (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) If push came to shove you could always use virtual PC. I don't see how they could avoid the mac though. Darrell King (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

did i read that correctly ... does that say that all the instructions will be available on line ... i can't wait .. that means instructions for the 1817, 1475, old maersk truck etc. i sincerely hope it includes all these promotion sets oh it will be (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) I'm guessing that TLC uses the word "free" in the meaning "gratis", not "free" as in "Free Software Foundation". I would be very surprised if TLC are going to use the LDraw format. It has far too many difficult issues for them to use it. If we (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Perhaps. I have good reason to believe that TLC uses Kevin's site now, internally. Or perhaps (the scan part of) Kevin's site will be made obsolete. I suspect that if TLC did a bang up job, it would not bother Kevin too much, running (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Something like "if you wandered in here from the pressrelease <backlink>, that list is incomplete and may be out of date, click on the globe for a complete list" Journalists aren't always the greatest at connecting dots and drawing inferences, (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  CAD formats (was Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) One hopes for the latter but fears for the former. We have a licensing problem with the parts library, which we need to address, quickly, IMHO, or stumbling blocks of our own making could prevent TLC legal from approving use of the LDraw (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Alrite!! I can finally 'design' a Metroliner and order all the bricks on-line. And how about all those classic space sets that are missing from my collection.... Mark "my bank-account sgonna faint in 2002" de Kock (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: I can't read it! No cookies

(...) There's a lot to copy, and little benefit to most from doing so, I suggest that the most efficient thing to do may be for you to go to the front page, turn cookies on, read the stuff, then turn them off again. Or just leave them on. ++Lar (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Will this reverse the 'juniorization' trend in our Train sets? Only time shall tell. I was just about to post a message saying that TLC has truly given up on trains (my opinion). But when I came across this, it really lifted my spirits. (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: I can't read it! No cookies

(...) Why not just enable it? -John (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  I can't read it! No cookies

I have my browser set not to accept cookies so I cannot access the page. Could someone possibly copy the relevant text and post it here? Thanks! Dave (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re-release of classical sets?

Has there been any word on the release of classical sets? I sure could go for a 375:) -- Pawel (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) After the behaviour that followed the release of the MOSAIC facility, one wonders what wacky set designs people will come up with. Those naughty naughty parts dealers ! But it certainly is a great leap forward. Hopefully TLC will keep trawling (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

Claus Thiim wrote in message <051220002144501196%...ja.com>... (...) The zip files are OK for me... I just object to the pointless extra step. Kevin (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) My sentiments exactly!! (...) Price my also be a factor... Sincerely, Richard Noeckel You can reach me @ SHROUD_OF_KUNG_FU@Hotmail.com -Lego good, Canada great-® (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts - web design issues

(...) Indeed... I don't know if I'm alone here, but the zip files are corrupted and won't decompress fully. I'm using a Mac, and LEGO hasn't been very friendly to Mac-users in the past, so maybe everything's just normal... <shrugs...> (...) Odd... (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

Suzanne D. Rich wrote in message ... (...) But the way they implement their press releases is just WEIRD. All the video and hi-res pictures are zipped (and of course since the original file formats are already compressed, they only get about 5 or 6% (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

"Suzanne D. Rich" <suz@baseplate.com> wrote in message news:G54HvL.382@lugnet.com... (...) So that's what having your mind blown feels like. The possibilities become endless. The quest for the holy grail is at an end. I'm sitting here trying to get (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

"Ben Roller" <broller@mail.clemson.edu> wrote in message news:G54pu9.KEz@lugnet.com... (...) 1955 (...) make (...) Perhaps Kevin's site will somehow be involved. (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

Jonathan Wilson wrote in message <3A2DBF9B.B4FBF12F@t...com.au>... (...) Look here: (URL) and you'll see this: "The LEGO Shop at Home, the largest LEGO store in the world, offers consumers from Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Germany, Ireland, (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) www.brickshelf.com. It seems like LEGO (if they do it right) is going to make those scans obsolete. I'd like to hear from Kevin on this issue. Ben Roller (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Definatly cool! Of course there is bucklies chance of this coming down under for the forseeable future. (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

What you said, Baby! I wondered upon these issues almost immediately. Are they reinventing the wheel, or reusing the wheel that has already been made? -- Richard (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact