 LEGO Company / 76
  Mr. Justus!

Apparently Shop at home is working well at USA. I’ve already ordered from there, and it was a pleasant experience. You promised the same (or similar) service would be availible for Europe soon. Unfortunately, you forgot to tell us LEGO has hired a (...) (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: Mr. Justus!

(...) This would be nice, but it seems like LEGO doesn't want to have the same range of products in every country. (...) I'm sure they'll do that at some point. It takes some time to print catalogs. (...) If they do make printed catalogs, they'll (...) (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: Mr. Justus!

Tim, I'm fully aware that shopping online doesn't necessarily mean low prices. Especially not in case of LEGO. But: I can get almost EVERYTHING (except for the bulk items, of course) at local stores, at the same price, sometimes cheaper than at (...) (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: Mr. Justus!

(...) There are MANY reasons for S@H to not undercut retail merchants. The world is not yet ready for retail merchants to be replaced completely by on-line ordering direct from the manufacturer. In the US, I can get 90% or more of what is in the (...) (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: Mr. Justus!

(...) 'The thing is', that in countries like Germany and the Netherlands, every corner's toy store does already have the full (european) line. So Shop-at-home will only have any business here if: - they offer non-european sets - they offer accesory (...) (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: Mr. Justus!

(...) Well, if that really is the case, you folks in some ways have it better than we do in the US. Very few stores even carry the full line of what is typically sold in the stores, and there are bunches of things like train track (which apparently (...) (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Mr. Justus!

(...) Even in Germany they don't undercut the retail prices. I went to the Goebel Porzellanfabrik near Coburg (Factory where they make the world famous M.I. Hummel figurines), and their factory store prices are at the German retail level. When USA (...) (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.lego)