 LEGO Company / 76
75  |  77
Subject:
Mr. Justus!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 19:39:25 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Apparently Shop at home is working well at USA. I’ve already ordered from
there, and it was a pleasant experience. You promised the same (or similar)
service would be availible for Europe soon. Unfortunately, you forgot to tell
us LEGO has hired a gang of stooges to get Shop@Home Europe on the road. By
now you should have realized the true dimensions of the disaster, so I suppose
you are too busy to read Lugnet. However, just for the record, this what I  -
as a german AFOL who spends a considerable amount of his income for LEGO –
would expect from Shop@Home Europe:

- full range of LEGO-products, including US or Europe-only sets.
(Or is there a reason why certain castle sets are not availible at USA? And
why not sell the McDonald’s Drive-through to Europeans?)
- a catalog should be availible
- a wider range of payment methods. Credit cards-only is a death-sentence for
Shop@Home Germany. Credit cards are not as popular over here as they are in
USA.
- full range of accessories
- more bulk items
- reasonable prices (by now, all items –if they would be on stock, which they
are not- are sold at highest retail price. Why the heck order at Shop@Home, if
I could get the same sets for the same price -but most likely cheaper- around
the next corner???
- reasonable shipping conditions. The current shipping conditions are unheard
of! Another reason NOT to buy at Shop@Home.
- The website ... oh dear. The current Shop@Home website (Germany) is an
example of how a website should NOT look like. LEGO really, really doesn‘t
have to invent e-commerce again! Quoting a well-known german TV-commercial,
„maybe you should have asked somebody who knows what’s what ... ?“

Ok, I think I’m done. All in all, I’m most disappointed of what appears to be
the first attempt ever to set up an online-shop. And this after all of those
months of preparation .... From what I’ve seen so far I rather doubt the
situation will improve anytime soon. Shame on LEGO!

Burkhard Schlömer
Germany