 LEGO Company / 78
Re: Mr. Justus!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 21:30:48 GMT

Tim, I'm fully aware that shopping online doesn't necessarily mean low prices.
Especially not in case of LEGO. But: I can get almost EVERYTHING (except for
the bulk items, of course) at local stores, at the same price, sometimes
cheaper than at Shop@Home. Anyway, I don't feel an online-shop should sell at
retail price level. I just want a reason to buy at S@H. Is this asked too much?
And Tim, you certainly don't have a point about the catalog - true, it takes
time to make one, but we knew Shop@Home was coming for quite some time, and I
suppose THEY did know as well (I won't bet on it, though). I don't know what
the S@H-team spent their time with, if they don't even have a catalog
availible yet. But from what I've heard, the current version of S@H Germany
appears to be only a test anyway, that would also explain the limited range of
products. I wonder what they were testing. Maybe, if germans like LEGO? Or if
they really place orders at those ridiculous conditions? We'll see.

Burkhard