 LEGO Company / 42
  What a mess (my bad order experience... so far)

<rant> I tried to place a $200 order in the evening, the day or the day after LD came online. Big mistake, one foulup after another and I still don't have it. The guy I talked to originally had different prices than the ones on the web site (5.39 (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jun-00, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: What a mess (my bad order experience... so far)

(...) Pedant's note: The service known as LEGO Bulk Ordering[1] makes no mention of LEGO Direct; the LEGO Just Imagine Bulk Pak offerings are from LEGO Shop At Home. Thus, LEGO Direct is not online. --Todd [1] (URL) (24 years ago, 23-Jun-00, to lugnet.lego)

  Better results [Was: What a mess (my bad order experience... so far)]

(...) Well, the day crew (evidently the Lego company itself) has redeemed itself in my opinion: the second order I made (with the Priority mail) shipped out the day I made the order, and a hold was put on the first (*almost* identical) order. I (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jun-00, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: Better results [Was: What a mess (my bad order experience... so far)]

(...) Actually, there's one other bit of info related to this: It came to my attention this week that the name "LEGO Direct" has nothing to do with bulk ordering, which will instead be conducted under the name LEGO Shop At Home (or similar) on (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jun-00, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: Better results [Was: What a mess (my bad order experience... so far)]

(...) That is, the businesses have been separate, not necessarily the names. My understanding is that the name of the selling business is different now than it was in May. I've asked Brad to make a posting clarifying this and explaining what LD the (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jun-00, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: Better results [Was: What a mess (my bad order experience... so far)]

(...) Shop-at-Home shipments always come from Lego Direct Marketing, Inc. Perhaps "LD" is thus not new at all? (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.lego)