 LEGO Company / 42
41  |  43
Subject:
What a mess (my bad order experience... so far)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 06:25:35 GMT

<rant>
I tried to place a $200 order in the evening, the day or the day after LD came
online. Big mistake, one foulup after another and I still don't have it. The
guy I talked to originally had different prices than the ones on the web site
(5.39 for the 1x4 grey, 6.29 for the 2x4 grey, IIRC, all the other prices were
the same). So since these prices were different I guess he felt he couldn't
make a normal computer order, so he took my order down by hand, saying he'd
call if there were any problems. I got no call over the next couple business
days (like 3 or 4), so I assumed things were ok. After day 5, I got a little
impatient, and called to confirm my order (the charge hadn't shown up on my
card). Wouldn't you figure, no oder had been submitted. So, thinking that the
paperwork got lost, I re-placed my order, and she promised me priority mail,
which I was happy about, even though I forgot to give them the discount code.

Unfortunately, I neglected to inform them to ignore any other identical order
that popped up in their system. Which it did. So, I got a call a day or two
after my second order, asking what I wanted to do. So, I try to call tonight,
to straighten it out, but of course LD Bulk Ordering being online 24x7 doesn't
*really* mean online 24x7, it only means that they can take orders, they're
"not allowed" to access my current order information. So I have to call back
during normal business hours.

Also, the guy I called tonight said they don't handle internet special orders,
cause there's an internet facility to place those orders. Now, I may have
missed something, but I never saw any web-based way of ordering stuff from Lego
in any way, whether normal Lego or LD Bulk Ordering.
</rant>