 LEGO Company / 3061
  Re: A Community Problem (Was: Re: 10152 Update)

(...) rtlToronto has beed doing hobby shows for the past few years, and the Meccano guys are there displaying their creations. If anyone ever wants to see what happens when the company providing their 'work material' for their chosen hobby (...) (19 years ago, 24-Dec-04, to lugnet.lego) !!

  Re: A Community Problem (Was: Re: 10152 Update)

(...) I've stayed out of this stupid, drawn-out thread so far. But, Dave, I do appreciate your efforts at holding the fort. Let it be known that I agree with what Dave says above. TLC, there are some people in the community who *do* appreciate your (...) (19 years ago, 24-Dec-04, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: A Community Problem (Was: Re: 10152 Update)

(...) snip (...) Dave, Your comments here are well taken, and I agree with them. While I have disagreed about some decisions from TLC, I make my position known with what I choose to buy. I bought the Maersk ship for me (and another as a gift) to (...) (19 years ago, 24-Dec-04, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: A Community Problem (Was: Re: 10152 Update)

In lugnet.lego, David Koudys wrote: SNIP (...) God bless that. Unfortunatly they are on a down hill path. This is undeniable, even TLC knows it. Nothing they have done so far has been able to turn it around. Possibly because they have failed to see (...) (19 years ago, 27-Dec-04, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: A Community Problem (Was: Re: 10152 Update)

(...) Ken, I don't see how fair-weather AFOL posts like the above do anything to help TLC or improve the hobby for anyone. Kicking someone when they're down is impolite at best; and I'm sure you've heard the phrase "part of the solution or part of (...) (19 years ago, 27-Dec-04, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: A Community Problem (Was: Re: 10152 Update)

(...) Fair weather? We are not talking about a sports team who lost one game and may win tomorrow. The company is in crissis. Ignoring this is foolish. They have yet to see or admit to the problem(s) at hand. TLC's stated goal for fisal year '05 was (...) (19 years ago, 27-Dec-04, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: A Community Problem (Was: Re: 10152 Update)

Well said Tim. Many people in TLC ARE trying hard, but despite whatever some people do, it will never be good enough. This will always be a problem for every company all the time, it is not alone to just LEGO. Anyways, I always am having differences (...) (19 years ago, 28-Dec-04, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: A Community Problem (Was: Re: 10152 Update)

(...) Yep. Turner Suspension Bicycles ( (URL) ) does just that in this forum: (URL) good luck finding anyone whining about the constant colour changes there ;) Some might think it's sad some colours go away or change but none is raving about it. (...) (19 years ago, 28-Dec-04, to lugnet.lego)