 LEGO Company / 3064
Re: A Community Problem (Was: Re: 10152 Update)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Fri, 24 Dec 2004 20:15:38 GMT

In lugnet.lego, David Koudys wrote:
In lugnet.lego, Kyle D. Jackson wrote:
In lugnet.lego, Ken Nagel wrote:
This is basic morality.I'm
with the "nay-sayers" because the company is on a destructive path and if
they go down so does the hobby I love.

And that, right there, probably best sums up why you are meeting with so
much disagreement.  You believe that without TLC, your hobby ends, despite the
collection of LEGO I assume you must already have, and despite a very
extensive after-market from which to buy more.  There is lots around to build
with, to look at, to buy.  Your view, to me, is not the mark of a genuine
hobbyist.  Maybe if you saw LEGO more from the hobbyist perspective, you
wouldn't be so uptight about TLC's activities, to the point where you've been
arguing ad-nauseum on this topic from flawed footing, and begun tossing barbs
at Mr. Koudys' reputation.  At first, you offered disagreement, which is fair
enough, but now you've crossed into disrespect.

KDJ
_____________
LUGNETer #203

snip

So I'm saying something.  I'm stating, for me and me alone, TLC, do what's best
for your market share.  Do what's best for your integrity,  Do what's best to
further the company as a whole for the years to come.

And if there are some people in the AFOL community that balk, just remember that
some of these people are the same people who thought that Bionicle was the "end
of civilization".

I'll continue to appreciate whay you have done for me and my hobby.

Dave K

Dave,

Your comments here are well taken, and I agree with them.

While I have disagreed about some decisions from TLC, I make my position known
with what I choose to buy. I bought the Maersk ship for me (and another as a
gift) to build. And I did. Not because I'm a collector, but actually because it
had boat windows !

I disagree with the self-appointed crusaders who have used LUGNET as a place to
show how wrong TLC is. If the AFOL community is as strong as the crusaders want
to be, then the grey plate bags on Shop at Home would have sold out way back
when. Plain and simple. They didn't, so our overall credibility was reduced
considerably from then on.

I really appreciate the communication that Jake has given us. He's the
messenger. And if you don't like the message, do something else! Don't snipe at
Jake or his integrity. And don't make it an us/them situation - the moment you
polarize the community, you make the community look bad.

Just my .02

Joe Meno