 LEGO Company / 2871
Re: MicroMOC: Hot pursuit in the city
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 2004 04:49:27 GMT

"Tore Eriksson" <tore.eriksson@mbox325.swipnet.se> wrote in message
news:I8u8CB.212s@lugnet.com...

[ ... snipped ... ]

I really agree on that. For me, it's the graphics card that • "insufficient". If
my memory serves me well, my largest GCA has 4 Mb and LDD requires 16 • Mb(!) Now,
I don't know what LDD does, but I really doubt that it's really necessary • with
16Mb at the grafics card. I've seen lots of very impressive graphics at my • PC
without those requirements met.

/Tore

I struggle with this as well.  I work in the CAD industry.  My employer
produces complex software applications which Electrical Engineers use to
design some of the most complex chips and printed circuit boards in the
world.  I can run virtually all of our applications on my laptop (1GHz PIII,
1 GB RAM, S3 SuperSavage/IX w/ 16MB video RAM) yet I can't run LDD.

At one point I was able to run the beta code after dinking around with the
settings.  Since installing the production version I have been unable to
find a combination which will allow it to run.  I have submitted a trouble
report via the LEGO web site but never heard anything back.

What does LDD do which requiers such a high end machine?

Mike

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com