 LEGO Company / 2306
  Re: LEGO Brick Masters Launches!

(...) Hi! Just a few things: Lego Digital Designer is only available for Windows, so why does the picture show the kid using an Apple PowerBook? Next, why can't you hire some programmers that are more flexible? This Windows-only nonsense is silly. (...) (20 years ago, 21-Sep-04, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: LEGO Brick Masters Launches!

(...) This question gets asked a lot, but the answer is easy. Macs have 1% (pick your own number, whatever it is, it's under 10%) of the market. Suppose it "only" takes 25% more budget to clone a Mac version of the PC product (it may not be that (...) (20 years ago, 21-Sep-04, to lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Brick Masters Launches!

(...) i dunno... can you really say that the mac market is less than 10%? that might have been true a few years ago, but apple is steadily gaining marketshare; one would only have to look at the number of apple retail stores opening up at a mall (...) (20 years ago, 22-Sep-04, to lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Brick Masters Launches!

(...) A huge chunk of Apple's recent marketshare gains has been credited to the iPod, especially now that it's PC-compatible (which means you no longer have to buy a Mac to go with your iPod). (...) And at the same time, don't forget to look at the (...) (20 years ago, 22-Sep-04, to lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Brick Masters Launches!

(...) I believe Apple sells about 2-5% of all personal computers in the world. However, people tend to keep Apple computers longer than people will keep the average x86 box, so the percentage of actual Mac users is higher than their marketshare. (...) (20 years ago, 22-Sep-04, to lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Brick Masters Launches!

(...) I would say 10% is way high - take a look at my stats for 2 different non-lego sites I either run or help out on (neither of them have anything to do with each other). These stats are starting from 6-1-04: (platform hits percentage) Windows XP (...) (20 years ago, 23-Sep-04, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: LEGO Brick Masters Launches!

(...) Interesting stats. I wonder why the software distinguishes between various versions of Windows but does not distinguish between classic Mac OS and Mac OS X. I'm very surprised that the "other" category is higher than Unix. Anyway, quite it's (...) (20 years ago, 23-Sep-04, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: LEGO Brick Masters Launches!

(...) Is this perhaps because many people have browsers (or have set up their browsers) to not reveal what OS or computer they are using? -- David Schilling (20 years ago, 23-Sep-04, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: LEGO Brick Masters Launches!

(...) I know in some of the less-popular browsers you can set them to show up as IE, or some other client. But I do not think that would effect the OS, But am not positive either way. If a computer was set up to hide the OS I would asume it would (...) (20 years ago, 23-Sep-04, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: LEGO Brick Masters Launches!

(...) I'm positive, and here is a picture of the User Agent menu in Safari v1.2.3: (URL) functionality exists in just about any browser that is not MSIE for Windows. (...) Actually, there is a good chance it will show up as Windows, because MSIE for (...) (20 years ago, 23-Sep-04, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: LEGO Brick Masters Launches!

(...) Or perhaps there are reasons such as development and testing costs... Frank (20 years ago, 23-Sep-04, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: LEGO Brick Masters Launches!

(...) Snip (...) Aren't AFOL's supposed to be 5% of LEGO's market. Are we the Mac users of the construction toy industry? :-) Lester (20 years ago, 29-Sep-04, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: LEGO Brick Masters Launches!

(...) ... (...) The real irony is that LDD was not even written by developers at Lego, it was outsourced to a company called (URL) Qube Software> who have the release blurb (URL) which states: LDD uses a sophisticated, skinable GUI built on Q's (...) (20 years ago, 29-Sep-04, to lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Brick Masters Launches!

(...) Which begs the question... is linux support that much different than OS-X BSD ? Perhaps it is, but I suspect that the differences might be less than between Windows and OS-X. Ray (20 years ago, 29-Sep-04, to lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Brick Masters Launches!

(...) We develop everything on a cross-platform engine, have a look at it at (URL) also use cross-platform build systems, use gnu emacs instead of a proprietory editors like Microsoft Visual C++ and have developers who use boxes that don't run (...) (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Brick Masters Launches!

(...) The website says Mac OS X coming soon. When it comes, is there any chance we will ever see a Mac version of any Lego software? Or can you comment on that? -- James Reynolds (URL) - james@scl.utah.edu (20 years ago, 17-Dec-04, to lugnet.lego, FTX)