 LEGO Company / 2274
Re: Old color bags still available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 2004 07:02:01 GMT

M. Moolhuysen wrote:
I must point out that, at least in Europe, there was a highly competitive
alternative source. In the same period, all the Pick-a-Brick shops in the
LEGOLAND-parks had large amounts of classic light gray and dark gray elements in
their assortment. A sustantial part of European AFOL's have at least one
location within reasonable distance, and they probably prefered the Pick a Brick
shops because of the following reasons:

* a larger variety of elements available
* prize per weight is more economical as the assortment bags
* one can compose his own optimal mix of elements instead of the fixed ratio's
  in the bags
I can only second that. I bought several kilograms of old grey bricks in
Windsor, Brighton and Cologne, as they are way cheaper than the mixed
polybags. And I haven't been the only one - one guy bought three large
shopping bags of grey in Windsor when I was there. So I wouldn't say
that old grey is a no-seller.

Besides, the mixed bags are only available at S@H, so it's a no-buy for
me anyway.

Yours, Christian