 LEGO Company / 2267
Re: Old color bags still available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 2004 03:12:41 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Jake McKee wrote:
In case anyone is interested, there are still PLENTY of the bags of the old
color bricks and plates in both North America and Europe.

10145           Assorted light grey bricks
10146           Assorted dark grey bricks
10147           Assorted brown bricks
10148           Assorted light grey plates
10149           Assorted dark grey plates
10150           Assorted brown plates

Interestingly, the two we have the largest amout of are the light and dark gray
plates.

You can buy them by calling Shop At Home or via the Web at www.legoshop.com.

Jake McKee
Community Liaison
LEGO Community Development

This is bittersweet news.  Sweet because I can still buy basic pieces in the old
beloved colors.  Bitter because if there are plenty left over, then the AFOL
community wasn't really as excited about buying these packs as I thought it was.

I bought an average of 14 bags of each of the 3 brick colors.  If every member
of LUGNET had done the same, those bags would have run out pretty quickly.  I'm
not exactly rolling in the dough either--I'm sure that most of the AFOL's out
there have the purchasing power to buy more of those old color packs than I do.
I think it would be interesting to have some statistics on how the sales on
those packs have gone so far (How many sold in the first week, are they more
than half gone yet, etc.).

Maybe LEGO could melt down some of the light gray packs and make enough large
gray baseplates to last us for years to come.  ; )