 LEGO Company / 1602
Re: Jake's To-do list
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Fri, 7 May 2004 21:23:07 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Mark Bellis wrote:
In lugnet.lego, Jake McKee wrote:
Just a quick note in a new, fresh post to reiterate a point I had made in an
earlier (and now very buried) post.

I am working on drafting a response to the question "What is 'good thinking'
about the color change".
Jake

We need to know:
1. Why old greys and brown needed to be changed in the first place?
2. Why the chosen new colours are less realistic than the old ones, and indeed
debatably incompatible?
3. What are the economics of the change for the company?
4. Did anyone consider the effect on the customer before implementation?
5. At what level was the decision made?
6. What will be the supply level of the old colours (and hence parts range
available if we ask for them)?

Mark

I can tell you just by common sense that 3 and 5 won't be answered. I find it
silly that customers feel they deserve that type of info, especially put "we
need to know." How do you define that need? On what basis do you believe LEGO
*owes* you the information?

As for 1 and 2, they're biased/loaded questions which I wouldn't consider valid
if I were being asked.

4 is a legitimate concern, but also water under the bridge, so I see no point.
This isn't a trial.

6 is the only question I consider worth answering from this list, though it's
already been addressed and therefore ploughed ground. I gathered from Jake's
post that he was soliciting which parts to make in the old colors, and would get
back to us when a final decision was made.

I'm very, very tired of this topic being regurgitated over and over again. There
are no new arguments, a lot of nonsensical appeals, and mean-spirited or
personally attacking posts that have no business on LUGNET whatsoever.

For all of you who have serious complaints--consider your voices heard. In fact,
I don't think anyone could not notice. Now please, let's get back to the
positive aspects of the hobby. If you come back to say there isn't anything
postiive left after the change, say it once, and take that as your cue to leave
if you're just going to keep moaning.

.02 -- and my very personal opinion.

-Tim