 Harry Potter / 911
Re: Whats the deal with the Harry Potter sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 02:39:21 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, John Neal writes:
In lugnet.harrypotter, John Grubber writes:

What is it about them that people like so much?

It's not strange to think that IMO, but I have a suggestion: take another look
at the HP line, only this time, try to imagine it through the eyes of a 10
year old.  I think you will find that it has much more appeal.

I agree, only I would go even further and suggest one try to imagine what
it would look like through the eyes of a ten year old girl.  Girls are as big
Harry Potter fans as boys are, and LEGO traditionally has had more of a
following among boys than girls.  By turning out sets with more appealing (yes,
I find them appealing) colors and more accessories to play with LEGO is looking
to almost double the market for the HP sets.  And evidently their strategy is
working well-- the sets seems to be hot sellers, at least where I live.

Maggie C.