 Harry Potter / 906
Re: Whats the deal with the Harry Potter sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 22:50:53 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, John Grubber writes:
This may sound strange, and i am not trying to slam HP fans or start a flame
war or anything, but i look at the designs, and i am really disappointed.
They just seem kind of haphazard and thrown together.  The colour schemes also
don't do anything for me- the doors and such would be great, if they weren't in
such strange colours.

What is it about them that people like so much?

In all seriousness,

It's not strange to think that IMO, but I have a suggestion: take another look
at the HP line, only this time, try to imagine it through the eyes of a 10 year
old.  I think you will find that it has much more appeal.

As an exclusively MOC builder, I wish so many cool parts came in "normal"
colors, but I always remind myself that LEGO is a toy intended for kids.  *They*
will always be the primary markets for this product...

-John