 Harry Potter / 807
806  |  808
Subject:
LotR won't happen (was Re: 4707 Hagrid's Hut complaints....)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 20:42:33 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, Richard Marchetti writes:

...and let's face it, the product line to have latched onto was "Lord of the
Rings."  I happen to never have read these LOTR books, but I gather they are
quite good and the film previews I have seen look epic.  HP will just be
some Disney-esque drivel shoved down everyone's throat until we will want to
just puke our guts out.  LOTR I think has the possibility of truly creating
a sense of wonder in its audience as it taps into more deeply rooted
archetypal material.

Lord of the Rings LEGO isn't going to happen. New Line Cinema has awarded
the construction toys license to Playmates Toys(1), which I find really
baffling, since they don't have squat to do with construction toys, but such
is life.

I'm planning on making my own darn LotR LEGO.

thanks,

James
(FUT set to general becuase I'm really not sure where discussion about LEGO
licenses should go...)

1: http://www.playmatestoys.com/