 Harry Potter / 839
838  |  840
Subject:
Saw LotR Lego type sets by Playmates in the Lego section
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 15:41:50 GMT

Looks like Playmates toys bought the rights to LotR.  The one set was 30
bucks and located in with the lego, right under the HP sets.  Didn't look
much like Lego except for the studs all over the base, the rest were
premolded parts and the figs looked more like action figures than Minifigs.
Just thought I would let you all know.

Jason

In lugnet.harrypotter, Mike Petrucelli writes:

...and let's face it, the product line to have latched onto was "Lord of the
Rings."  I happen to never have read these LOTR books, but I gather they are
quite good and the film previews I have seen look epic.  HP will just be
some Disney-esque drivel shoved down everyone's throat until we will want to
just puke our guts out.  LOTR I think has the possibility of truly creating
a sense of wonder in its audience as it taps into more deeply rooted
archetypal material.

I guess we'll see...

Well as I see it, or rather read it, HP will not be Disney-esque.  That assumes
the director does not make a reversal on his position of following the book as
closely as possible.  HP will be on the fine line between PG and PG-13.  LOTR
on the other hand, quite possibly will be R rated, PG-13 at the very least.

-Mike Petrucelli