 Harry Potter / 796
  Re: 4707 Hagrid's Hut complaints....

TLC HAD to cut costs on HP sets. think about it: they introduced more new and original elements at one time than they have ever done in the history of lego. And tons of them won't be able to be used for other themes (Hagrid, for example). So with (...) (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: 4707 Hagrid's Hut complaints....

(...) If this is true this is the first I have heard of it. While there do seem to be some new elements, I am very wary of the arguement that having to make new elements is some kind of deal maker or breaker on set design for TLC -- I have said it (...) (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: 4707 Hagrid's Hut complaints....

(...) Well as I see it, or rather read it, HP will not be Disney-esque. That assumes the director does not make a reversal on his position of following the book as closely as possible. HP will be on the fine line between PG and PG-13. LOTR on the (...) (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  LotR won't happen (was Re: 4707 Hagrid's Hut complaints....)

(...) Lord of the Rings LEGO isn't going to happen. New Line Cinema has awarded the construction toys license to Playmates Toys(1), which I find really baffling, since they don't have squat to do with construction toys, but such is life. I'm (...) (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: LotR won't happen

(...) I would love to see that, should you complete it. I'm betting that the new Star Wars Ewoks will prove invaluable. Tim wrote: While they are indeed minifigs, the more appropriate term might be "mini" minifigs - they are definitely of a smaller (...) (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LotR won't happen

"Richard Noeckel" <Shroud_of_kung_fu@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GKG7HE.E0H@lugnet.com... (...) That depends on what kind of minfig the Ewoks turn out to be. There are three possible ways Lego will make Ewoks: 1) Small solid lump, like (...) (23 years ago, 30-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LotR won't happen

"Richard Noeckel" <Shroud_of_kung_fu@hotmail.com> wrote in news:GKG7HE.E0H@lugnet.com: (...) whoo small heads! great for those shamans to play with. (...) (23 years ago, 18-Oct-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Saw LotR Lego type sets by Playmates in the Lego section

Looks like Playmates toys bought the rights to LotR. The one set was 30 bucks and located in with the lego, right under the HP sets. Didn't look much like Lego except for the studs all over the base, the rest were premolded parts and the figs looked (...) (23 years ago, 25-Oct-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)