 Harry Potter / 297
  Sets

Hello! I just found this auction on eBay.de: (URL) a look at the images. Do they look like fake? Bye Jojo (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter) !!

  Re: Sets

(...) No... In the next 6 miniutes you will become famous. NICK Why couldn't I have found that? (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Sets

(...) WOW! Congrats Johannes! I think you just found the site of the day! I'll cross-post this to trains for you!!! That's right TRAINHEADS It's got the Hogwart's Express in it!!! (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Sets

(...) I don't give two hoots about Harry Potter, but I'm gratified to see that LEGO used minfigs rather than Creator-style abominations. Dave! (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Sets (instructions)

(...) I don't know, the layout could be faked, but those sets look pretty authentic. Its not how I expect the boxes to look, but as instruction covers its pretty convincing. Someone should ask the seller to put up a couple more images, of the back (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Sets

There's no glass in the red train windows...what's up with that. I do like the black spoked train wheels, to bad no big drive wheels though. jt ------ James J. Trobaugh (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Sets

(...) Are those black spoked train wheels flanged on the inner circumference? Are the axles Technic pins!? If so, possibility to widen or shorten the "gauge" of the wheels!? Whoah! No 9v motor in the Hog? Possibly a stand-alone push train? Push on (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Sets

Oh crud, I didn't notice the axle on the train wheels, they're probally not train wheels at all, just spoked car wheels (like on the Adventure's cars) jt (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Sets

(...) But isn't that the traditional train stuff on the front? (The bumper things. NOt sure what they're called..) and the magnet? I think it's probably compatible with 9V at least, if nothing else... Matt (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Sets

OK OK, I wasn't the first who discovered this auction. I'm only the messenger. Folkart "Samweis" Thiele is the hero :-) (URL) Cameron schrieb: (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Sets

(...) Speaking of figs, that looks like an all-gray Peeves on the roof (maybe he'll have Vader's head!), and a Prof. Quirrel with the beard and turban on the bottom level. Kevin (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Sets

in article 3B3254C8.8BB62FED@nexgo.de, Johannes Koehler at chutspe@nexgo.de wrote on 6/21/01 4:10 PM: (...) Well, the castle is the same image I saw a week or so ago in Family Toy (which was probably out of Lego promo material sent to the manager), (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Sets

(...) Seem reasonable to me. My German ain't the greatest and no time to babelize it (in MSP airport and have to dash for a flight in 5 min) but I am reading that this auction is for the instructions only and it seems to have reached 1000 DM (but (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Sets

(...) 4709 looks great! it looks like it has at least four owls, in several colors. light grey (on tallest tower) dark grey (on leftmost tower) black (just right of center tower) brown (on BURP in lower right) it also looks like it has some bats on (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Sets

(...) Speaking of special pieces, is that a gryffendor shield the knight's holding? NICK (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Sets

(...) Well, now it's closed, and simply says at the top: Für diesen Artikel werden keine Gebote mehr entgegengenommen. Der Verkäufer hat diese Auktion vorzeitig beendet. Sollten Sie weitere Fragen haben, wenden Sie sich bitte an den Verkäufer. (Or, (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Sets

(...) Didn't LEGO® use that arrangement in their Twisted Time Train set? -Harvey (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Sets

(...) Looks like 9V buffers on the front, just like the CGI train on the Harry Potter software box picture posted earlier. It also looks like the engine has a wagon plate for a base (2 plates high) like the MOT. The spacing of the front two wheels (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Sets

(...) Why should friction be a problem? Those wheels could slip and slide like any other - it's only if you power them you need a good grip, and then you'd probably use a standard 9V train motor, which has tyres. It would probably make a better (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Sets

(...) Alta Vista translates it as "My cats made themselves tonight over the guidances." That sounds, to me, like his cats peed on the instructions. Funny stuff. I wonder if that's the German way of saying "my dog ate my homework." Neat looking (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Sets

Hello! (...) Hahaha! No! It means: "My cats destroyed the instruction books". No word of peeing :-) (...) Not really idiomatically. But the sense in this case may be the same. Bye Jojo (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Sets

(...) Thanks, Jojo. It definitely sounds like a lame excuse, no matter which way you decipher it. What kind of cats does he have that would destroy all the books, whether with claws or bladders? Bengal tigers? Bah...I'm waiting for these sets to hit (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Sets

(...) I opened the pictures in Adobe and enlarged and it looks to me like the lower round wall that has the rock pattern is actually a thin plastic piece like the one on the Life On Mars Solar Explorer. I certainly hope it's not, but it has three (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Sets

(...) Nope, those black spots are the openings on the bottom of the curved wall pieces (like on the SW droid escape pod) that let the studs through if you're putting it on a large plate. (hopefully that makes sense) The roof, however, doesn't look (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Sets

AAaaah! I'm glad you thought of that! Paul (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Sets

(...) Could it not be Star Wars escape pod pieces with a new decoration, sitting on a one brick heigth rounded pieces ? To my opinion, the reason the lower round wall doesn't line up with the (dark grey or brown?) parts above it is because there (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Sets

(...) Whoops, wasn't clear, sorry! I meant TOO MUCH friction and I was worried about the axle centers. That engine looks unpowered so doesn't need to increase "adhesion" (the technical term for the kind of desireable friction that keeps driven (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.theory)

  Train Wheels was Re: Sets

I was just doing a little surfing and found a few pictures of some really old train sets that have similar wheels to the Hogwarts Express. It looks like they've used the old wheels and changed them to use the newer pegs instead of however they (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.trains)