 Harry Potter / 165
164  |  166
Subject:
Longevity of Potter?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2001 12:39:42 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, Benjamin Medinets writes:
If they do end up making 7 movies and lego puts sets out for each film....
that is a whole lot of LEGO!!!

Benjamin Medinets

This may just be some crazy speculative talk, but I believe that Lego agreed
to a Three-movie contract that’s up for renewal upon completion of the third
installment.

     Again, this could be a blatant fabrication.
                                  But, I believe that I read this somewhere.

Personally, I don’t think Lego will keep the license for over the
three-movie period. It would cost too much, and I'm sure that after 4-5
years [the time needed to complete the first three episodes] there will be a
longing for change into other avenues.

Even Star Wars wouldn’t last over episode 3 (o.k. but for just an extra
year!) 1999-2004/5 is a very long run for a particular theme system. And
Potter could only do as well as Star Wars…not better!

                                         --==Richard==--