 Harry Potter / 1551
Re: Hogwarts Express 4-6-0 engine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 2004 19:36:52 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Teunis Davey wrote:

I use 6 BBB Beta wheels in my steam train.It's a 4 6 2.

When I was building the test chassie's for the trains wheels. I tried six and
seven stud spacing between the wheels. I end up using seven studs. I found that
it would derail aswell, and would not go through the points. Until I put weight
brick ontop of the chassie.It then worked perfect.Once I built the whole steam
train , the weight itself was enough to keep it on the tracks.

I don't know if this applies for the new BBB train wheels. I have some , but
have been to lazy to put them on.

Thanks , Teunis  M>ltc

Teunis,

thanks for the info. I'm in the procces of changing my enigine from a 6s wide
base and 7stud cab to a 7s base and 8s cab, with a 5 stud boiler. Now I can
lengthen the engine 2 more studs without creating unsightly gaps between the
drive wheels and the leading wheels.

Mat
SCLTC