 Harry Potter / 1552
1551  |  1553
Subject:
What's this? A motorized Harry Potter train?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 15 Aug 2004 02:23:50 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I was looking through the newest catalog and noticed that there's a redesigned
Harry Potter train that actually works on LEGO 9V tracks! I'm not a Harry Potter
fan, but I do like LEGO trains, so back when the original set was released
(4708) I thought it was a really dumb thing for LEGO to not make it compatible
with their other train sets. So now, all of a sudden, there's a new Hogwart's
Express set and I only noticed it accidentally.

Why accidentally? On Friday I was shopping for LEGO train sets on the website,
but for some reason this new Harry Potter train isn't cross-linked in the Trains
section. It only exists in the Harry Potter section, which I never look at
because like I said, I'm not a fan. My spotting it was accidental because I was
paging through the catalog and suddenly noticed the train now had a motor
underneath the engine.

I'm suggesting you cross-link the new set (10132) in the Train section of
shop.lego.com. This seems like an obvious thing to do. This train needs to be
added to the unofficial LEGO trains poster, too, along with the BNSF set that
was announced at Brickfest.

I'm all of a sudden into LEGO trains again, so instead of spending money to work
on my almost-complete Star Wars collection I went and bought three train sets
instead. Heh -- with LEGO I just can't control myself sometimes. I might have to
break down and buy my first Harry Potter set -- 10132, of course.