 Harry Potter / 144
Re: Points of Discussion....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2001 13:31:34 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, Benjamin Medinets wrote:

That's an interesting twist to the situation, but I think by book 6 or 7,
Harry should know better....there is a lot of stigmatism in the books about
Muggle-bloods and Squibs....and also a lot of negativity towards DeathEaters...
only Lucious Malfoy and Professor Snape have any baggage from their previous
days with Voldemort...but we all know Malfoy (Crabbe, and Goyle) continued
alliance with Voldemort......

That brings up a serious quibble (is that an oxymoron?) I had with the ending to
The Goblet of Fire (besides the book title):

During the climatic confrontation, Harry heard names named.  Why did he not tell
Dumbledore?  Not that Dumbledore doesn't probably know already.  But still!

Steve