 General / 9984
Re: Even more 2000 comments
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 23:51:13 GMT

In lugnet.general, Kya Morden writes:
On Tue, 9 Nov 1999 14:50:55 GMT, Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com>
wrote:

Blue 2x2x3 extreme slope corners: yeeha! Now we need a good source of
blue extreme slopes.

Okay, I understand the facination with train windows, but what's so
wonderful/useful about 2x2x3 extreme slopes/corners?

The same thing that is wonderful about ANY corner slope.  It can be used to
make a sloped surface with more than one plane.

In particular, the extreme slope lends itself well to "accurate" scrutural
building - for an excellent example of this, see:

The picture there doesn't show it too well, but it's an excellent example of
how a 2x2x3 extreme slope can be used structurally.

Besides, what's so great about train windows? <duck>
One man's gold is another man's dross.

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/