 General / 10357
Re: Even more 2000 comments
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 16:35:44 GMT

Eric Kingsley wrote:

Great idea Steve.  I was checking the Oasis Ambush out at KMART the other day.
With 30 percent off, I think I'll get a bunch of them myself.   Recently I won
on EBAY 20 of those 2x2x3 extreme slopes in blue for $8.  Now with those blue
corner slopes coming out, I may be able to do a nice Mansard roof in blue
slopes.  Now I gotta figure out what I want to build underneath the
roofline.....  Maybe an appartment building or some (European style)
government building.

Gary Istok

I have been thinking of trying to model my City's City Hall (Melrose MA) ever
since I saw all those extreme slope corners.  I can't find a great picture on
the Web.  All I can find is this from the Melrose MA web site.

http://www.melrose.org/slide/Cityhall2.gif

The picture is small and it is hard to make out the roof line but believe me
the extreme slopes would work well.  If I do decide to model something like
this I will take some pictures of the real building and post them for all to
see.

Eric

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/

Eric, yes that looks like a Victorian style, which used a lot of the Mansard
roofs.  It's too bad that there are no inside corner extreme slopes.  They would
come in handy as well.  I don't mind that ther are no peak pieces (except for the
2x2x2 pyramid peak), because I put either tiles or fence pieces at the roofline.
Occasionally I change the pitch in the roof, and put some regular slopes on top of
the steep slopes.  And if you don't have a lot of the steep slopes (a problem that
we ALL have), then intermingle them with 2x2 windows (with a 2x2 regular slope on
top of the window of the same color as the steep slopes) in a sort of dormer look.
By putting these dormer windows at regular intervals throughout the roofline, you
will be giving it a Parisian look.

Gary Istok