 General / 10029
Re: Even more 2000 comments
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 16:11:36 GMT

Kya Morden wrote:

On Tue, 9 Nov 1999 14:50:55 GMT, Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com>
wrote:

Blue 2x2x3 extreme slope corners: yeeha! Now we need a good source of
blue extreme slopes.

Okay, I understand the facination with train windows, but what's so
wonderful/useful about 2x2x3 extreme slopes/corners?

Kya

From a purely architectural view, extreme slopes make for great Mansard
roofs.  Those are the ones you see all over Paris, as well as American
Victorian, Empire, Italianate, Beaux Arts, and other historic styles.  The
1x2x3 and 2x2x3 regular blue sloped roof pieces are pretty common these
days (as are the 2x2x2 peaks), but the 2x2x3 corner piece in blue was only
available in one other set from a few years back (1995, I believe).  The
outside corner bricks in the different slopes in blue are pretty scarce.
The low slope corner only first came out this year in NINJA sets.  The
regular sloped blue outside corner bricks (produced since 1958), have been
pretty rare since the discontinuation of the blue slope parts pack in
1972.  Only set 733 had them since then.  And now the steep slope corners
are going to be much more common.

But as rare as the blue slope corners are, they are no match for the
yellow slope corner bricks.... a true rarity in low (only in 7740
Intercity Train), regular (only in the Paradisa magenta colored plastic
case) and steep slopes (only in the Yellow Castle 375/6075).

Gary Istok