 General / 10030
Re: Help identify this catalog
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 16:19:18 GMT

This sounds similar to a catalog that was out last year.  It was a 25th
anniversary catalog which contained the general product line, but I think was
missing S@H stuff and and may not have had any price info.  I have two
different versions.  One of them was handed out at my favorite local toy store
and had the $2 off coupon; another came from Lego Customer Service and didn't
have the $2 coupon in it.  I haven't seen the one from this year, but haven't
been to my favorite toy store in awhile, either :)  The one last year was
pretty cool because it also showed some classic sets along with the current
product line, e.g., it had a picture of the old moon lander from the 70's.

Alan

In lugnet.general, Mark Koesel writes:
While at Toys R Us this past weekend (in Novi, MI) I was
given a mysterious Lego catalog by a very nice cashier.
In fact, she even cut the coupon out of the back of the
catalog for me, so that I could get $2 off of my purchase
8448.

The catalog is "magazine" size, similar to the US S@H
catalog.  It includes the full _retail_ line of Lego -- no
S@H only, spare parts, etc.

Is this a TRU specific Lego catalog.  It certainly does not
say TRU on it anywhere.  I know that it is not the dealer
catalog. Anyone know what it is?  I find it strange that
I've never heard this catalog mentioned in LUGNET or RTL
before.

Mark