 General / 10051
Re: Help identify this catalog
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 22:51:42 GMT

I too picked up one of these catalogs at TRU, since it had a coupon in it
that asaved me money  :)

They are listed as Summer/Fall 1999 on the front.  It has info on Legoland
California, has the standard line of toys with suggested retail (does not
seem to included shop at home stuff, and the prices don't seem inflated),
and has their software listed.

The back has a spot for a "Store" address and a "To" address, and bulk rate
postage paid by "Lego Consumer Affairs".

My GUESS would be that these were promotional catalogs send out by TLG in
conjuction with participating stores.  As in, "Mom & Pop Toys" wants to do
some promotion, so they pay TLG a set price to mail one of these catalogs to
everyone on the toy stores customer list.  It's a good way for smaller toy
stores to get exposure, and costs less then producing their own full color
flyer.  I note again that this is just MY GUESS.

Since it is now November, i'd say TLG has got thier winter/spring catalogs
in now, and are dumping these on whoever will take them.

Troy

Mark Koesel <koesel@umich.edu> wrote in message
While at Toys R Us this past weekend (in Novi, MI) I was
given a mysterious Lego catalog by a very nice cashier.
In fact, she even cut the coupon out of the back of the
catalog for me, so that I could get $2 off of my purchase
8448.

The catalog is "magazine" size, similar to the US S@H
catalog.  It includes the full _retail_ line of Lego -- no
S@H only, spare parts, etc.

Is this a TRU specific Lego catalog.  It certainly does not
say TRU on it anywhere.  I know that it is not the dealer
catalog. Anyone know what it is?  I find it strange that
I've never heard this catalog mentioned in LUGNET or RTL
before.

Mark