 General / 73
Re: Speed?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 5 Oct 1998 17:52:32 GMT

Alex Wetmore <alex@phred.org> wrote:
This wouldn't change any of the control that Todd has over the groups.  As
far as lugnet is concerned the caching server just looks like another client
and has the same control and properties as any other client on the system.

Right, but as it is Todd has some little bit of control -- and can log --
who posts and reads. And since this _is_ his project, I assume he wants to
keep that. (Certainly helps with the spam problem.) Otherwise, why not
export lugnet.* to all of usenet? Most servers these days pick up any
hierarchy they can.