 General / 72
Re: Speed?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 5 Oct 1998 17:21:29 GMT

Matthew Miller <mattdm@mattdm.org> wrote:
Todd -- are you open to the idea of creating an actual LUGnet news network?
This would be good for people in far-flung places, and reduce _your_ load.
I realize that it causes issues with centralized control, etc., but as long
as you only allow good, known servers into the network....

I also realize this probably isn't something you want to do right now, but
it might be good for the future.

Yuck.  That takes away one of my favorite things about news here.
Instant access to other people's posts.

I understand the concern about one location, etc, that you have, but
I'm just not that worried about it.  Todd and Suz are young, appear to
be in good health, and probably won't die on us anytime soon.  Let's
hope they appoint a babysitter for Lugnet for the honeymoon, though.
:)

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 ext 222 (S@H Canada)
www.auczilla.com - World's Largest Online Selection of LEGO Pieces