 General / 69
Re: Speed?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 5 Oct 1998 16:04:26 GMT

Richard Franks <richard@__no_spam_please_im_veggie__spider.com> wrote:
First of all - the newsgroups are really groovy :) Although I'm getting
a slower connection now that America has woken up - I'm getting ~100-500
bytes/sec in Scotland. Is this just because my ISP connection is crappy
or is it a side affect of being so far away? *sniff*

Todd -- are you open to the idea of creating an actual LUGnet news network?
This would be good for people in far-flung places, and reduce _your_ load.
I realize that it causes issues with centralized control, etc., but as long
as you only allow good, known servers into the network....

I also realize this probably isn't something you want to do right now, but
it might be good for the future.