 General / 679
Re: Guitars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 16 Nov 1998 21:57:39 GMT

Larry Pieniazek writes:

Has anyone been able to make a blue AMC Pacer? (1)

I'm waiting for Tom Stangl to do one... :)

Tom, can you make a Les Paul or an acoustic? I wonder if using the 2x3
plate with rounded end would work out?
I'm glad you mentioned that. I actually tried using that piece. I didn't really like it that much because the face of the guitar seemed too big, but I'll work on it.(1) If I can make it look acceptable, I'll post a pic. But it might be a challenge for a minifig with a beard... Oh well. I'll try a different group.(2)

The 2x2 L-plates on the red V guitars are almost too big as it is.(3) Plus, I've not
seen a 2x3 rounded plate in beige yet, which would look closer to a naturally
colored accoustic.(4)

1 - flames optional
But not if you smoke.

-Tom McD.
tfn, radiotitan@yahoo.com

(1) It seems like little stuff is all I have time for these days.
(2) After all these years maybe I can finally try and make those James Taylor and Jim Croce minifigs I've been wanting to try. ;-)
(3) Yellow makes a good guitar color too. I tried white too, but it just didn't cut it
for me.
(4) Not accounting for rosewood and/or other interestingly colored wood.(5)
(5) I forgot how much fun it could be just working with the small pieces
alone.(6)
(6) This footnote stuff is habit-forming. :)