 General / 6557
Re: Parts packs being discontinued? My rep says "no"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 21:02:19 GMT

In lugnet.general, Greg Kramer writes:
So I've come across rumors of Lego cancelling their line of parts packs.
Very disturbing, especially since they've been getting slightly better
(green bricks, black roof pieces, etc).

I called today and ordered a half-dozen packs, and asked the rep about the
impending cancellation.

She told me flatly, but politely, that she had not heard that at all from
Lego, but that she understood it was a rumor going around on the internet...

I'm curious if anyone knows the start of this rumor/fact - where did they
get their information from?   Have other reps confirmed the rumor?

I saw it mentioned either here or on RTL (more likely here);
I called either S@H or (more likely) CA. The rep I talked
to immediately said that it was apparently being planned -
he went to find out more and came back saying that it has been
announced from above, but that they had no idea on the time frame.

I'm still suspicious, though.

-gbr