 General / 6760
Re: Parts packs being discontinued? My rep says "no"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 16:21:08 GMT

Back in '63 there was only the Town System.  All 138 parts packs were for Town.
Today there are about 25 or so parts packs for Town.  All the rest are for the
other Lego Systems (although many of the ones I include in Town can be used in
other systems).

Maybe that's the problem, there are too many Lego Systems!

Gary Istok

"In the beginning....... there was Town"

alex wetmore wrote:

Gary Istok <gistok@umich.edu> wrote in message
This very apparent to anyone who has looked at Lego's parts pack • selections in
the 60's and 70's.  In 1963 there were over 138 different parts packs
available.  What is it today, less than 20?

54 lego system parts packs.
35 technic system parts packs

54 + 35 = 89.  that isn't 138, but its not too shabby either.  this is based
on the catalog found at http://www.lego.com, and doesn't include some of the
newer parts packs with mindstorms sensors, etc.

alex