 General / 6555
Re: Which set is the infamous Forest Wench in?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 20:52:42 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.general, Fredrik Glöckner <fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no> writes:
Jonathan Wilson <wilsonj@xoommail.com> writes:
Thomas P. Rafert wrote:
I might be wrong but I think this is the ladder in question.
http://home.att.net/~partsref/images/4207.gif
I think available in brown only in set 6071.

It was also available in the siege tower set in brown.

If you had spent a little bit more effort writing your post, you could
have looked up the set number, which makes the post more useful.  "The
siege tower set in brown" just isn't too informative for most people.

But it was correct, and it was better than nothing, yes?  If Thomas went to
the search box and typed "siege tower set" he'd be right there.  Sure, an
actual URL is more useful, but if I was looking for more information on some
element, I'd be grateful for *any* lead that turned out to be correct, even
a confusing one.

(Do you think Thomas is upset that he got a name instead of a a URL??  :-)

Actually all I was trying to do was make sure the correct ladder was being
talked about. :-)   Larry had mentioned Pirate sets possibly so I looked quickly
those up on Fibblesnork at work and didn't see that ladder, forgot to look at
the Castle sets.  So I guess I could have done more research, but was happy to
see someone corrected me in finding the ladder in another set (which now
explains why I have 3 :-).

Oh well, as long as my original point got across ... the correct ladder. :-)
http://home.att.net/~partsref/images/4207.gif
Which I think Mike Walsh was asking about.

Later,
Tom

I've done this for you this time, the set is 6061:

    http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=6061

But the next time you post: Please look up the set number yourself.
[...]

Maybe he didn't have a web browser open and handy when he posted that.  (He
did post it via NNTP and not via HTTP.)  Or maybe he was in a hurry, flying
out the door, and wanted to reply with something rather than nothing as
quickly as possible...

Just playing devil's advocate.

--Todd

--