 General / 608
Re: What's the deal with 5571 Black Cat Big Rig?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 1998 04:11:19 GMT

Alan Liu <aliu@_n0_spam_sprintmail.com> wrote:
Tom Stangl writes:

Note that I think people were talking about the 5571 availability in the
stores, where it is MUCH more likely to be discounted (Mike Stanley got 2
at an obscene price like $60 or less each).  I'd LOVE to have this set, but
just can't afford it at full price or anything near it.  If anyone wants a
5581 bad enough, I'll trade straight across for a 5571 ;-)  The 5581 is
NIB, almost zero shelf wear.
Mike,

Where did you get 5571 at such a low price?  Is it still available?

Wow, a not-so-random invocation of my name.  My friend Jonas got them
for me at a TRU in AZ over a year ago.  Last two, I think.

I traded one to a friend for a lot of Castle sets and basically dumped
the other one into my parts bins.  Tom's getting the wheels/tires and
windshield from it.  Lots of other cool parts I'll be hanging onto,
but I bet there are still some I will trade away.

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/  (discontinued thru Holiday season)
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 ext 222 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news - A great new resource for LEGO fans worldwide