 General / 5852
Re: Lego Space System
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 14:29:13 GMT

I feel that Space Lego would benefit greatly from realism-oriented "Model
Team" colouring, whereby parts of a spaceship (say) that represented hull
plates would be coloured with a colour scheme (not containing grey) to
indicate that the space ship it represented had been given a "paint job",
and those parts of the spaceship that represented things that wouldn't be
painted in reality(1) would be made from "machinery"-coloured bricks (i.e.
containing mostly grey with black/white/silver bits here and there). The
Naboo fighter is, I guess, a simple example of this, although its "paint
job" is just yellow.
Basically I could see some really nice designs with good "paint-job" schemes
enhanced visually by the underlying "machinery" bits. My personal choice
would be a blue-orange paint-job with lots of two-tone-grey/silver machinery
bits, and pale blue as the transparent colour. Trans-blue or Ice Planet
trans-red would probably look OK as long as they're placed with the
appropriate colour in the model.
I'm not a big fan of colour schemes with black-and-something anymore. That
is, unless it's black-and-black. And it should be black-and-black for a good
reason, like it's a stealth vehicle or it's Blacktron.
Oh, and no more flouro transparent colours! They just don't go with enough
solid colours properly! Just look at non-fluoro yellow canopies - they
looked good with blue (Classic), black (Blacktron) and red (M-Tron)! I wish
they'd never done the fluoro version sometimes.

Paul

(1) Sci-fi imaginary reality, I mean. Like they probably wouldn't paint gun
barrels, fuel lines or engine nozzles (although I guess they might, who
knows).

Tom McDonald wrote in message ...
In lugnet.general, James Jackson writes:
Is there anyone out there who thinks black and purple (w/silver) would • make
good colors for a LegoSystem Space group?

Actually, any colors properly matched can be good. Black and purple is good
though you need a third color which would be used much less frequently. • Space
Police I was black and blue, with red windows.

Personally I want green and dark grey with black in a space theme.

-Tom McD.
when replying, do something worthwhile: adopt a spamcake today.