 General / 5853
Re: Sears Tower Model @ O'Hare Internationation Airport
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 14:32:01 GMT

Eric Kingsley wrote in message ...
In lugnet.general, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:

By the way there is no way that building is only 10,000 bricks...

Eric

I have to agree with you but that is what the sign says.  My initial
reaction was "no way that thing is only 10K bricks, maybe 50K bricks, but
not 10K.  Just looking at one side of the middle section there are about 30
floors each with 15 windows made up of 1x4 clear bricks.  Assuming the four
sides are the same (which they are not but I'll assume anyway), the middle
section has about 3600 clear bricks just for the windows.  Maybe I mis-read
the sign and it says 100K bricks but I swear it says 10K.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com
http://members.tripod.com/mike_walsh