 General / 5644
Re: Various boxes, was Re: Wanted: #570 - Fire House (shrink wrap)?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 21:49:44 GMT

John DiRienzo wrote in message ...
  Besides my curiosity about which sets came shrink wrapped, I also
wondered about different packaging for different countries.  Sanjay, is the
packaging for New Zealand (I know where its at!) different from packaging • in
Europe?

Firstly it was a stupid idea to question whether people know where NZ is  I
now know you USian's aren't just pretty faces.....  ;-)

Secondly the packaging of sets sold in NZ is identical to sets sold in
Europe.  I've recently been able to purchase old MIB Town sets that were
sourced from Europe and found that there were no discernible differences in
appearance.  The only difference in some cases was the inbox catalogue.
No set names appear on the side of the box.

Do the boxes have set names in your native language or no set
names?  I know there are different packaging for 1 US, 2 Europe, 3 Canada, • 4
Japan.  What other countries have (or had) unique packaging?

From what I've read and heard, TLG are looking to cut back on the number of
set variants in the market.  So possibly in future there won't be as many
differences in packaging as we're seeing now.

A friend at LEGO NZ has mentioned a number of times that the US operations
are being brought into line with the rest of the world.  This could mean the
reduction in the number of many US only sets and promotions.

Sanjay