 General / 55977
Re: The oldest known LEGO bricks set of 1949??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 2 Jan 2013 15:17:23 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Koudys wrote:
In lugnet.general, Anders Isaksson wrote:

<snip>

I think it's time I get a new edition of your Lego history - I've got the
first CD version, but it seems you have been quite productive since then :-)

Happy New Year to all lugnet readers! (OK, still three hours to go, but
anyway...)

I have a very old CD copy as well--time to throw some cash in the general
direction of our favourite LEGO historian and get the latest and greatest!!

Dave K

Thanks Dave,

The nice thing is that from now on my CD/DVDs will be only as a download (only
will take 5-15 minutes to download 688MB from the cloud)... AND the best part is
that all future editions will be free to current DVD/download owners/orders.

The CD has gone from 45 chapters up to 77 (73 + 4 appendices), and about 3/4 of
the existing chapters increased in size.  I'm planning on new updates every 6
months or so, adding new chapters along the way, so anyone getting the current
download will not pave to pay again.

For example, I'm planning on adding a chapter on the evolution of LEGO people...
from the cyclists and traffic police introduced in 1956, to the dolls and clowns
of 1963-66, to the first Homemaker big people of 1973-82, to the first minifig
stiffs (19 until 1978 when the modern minifig saw the light of day.

Ordering the DVD (no shipping/no customs) gets you the desktop download
instructions the same day.  And if anyone gets a new computer, or a God forbid a
virus that attacks the existing 80 files that are linked together on your
computer desktop for instant access to the document... a replacement download is
free to buyers.  Also, like the older smaller CDs, it's both PC and MAC
compatible.

http://legocollectorsguide.weebly.com/

New items for the next (free to current owners/purchasers) edition....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/istokg/8280654451/in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/istokg/8131741486/in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/istokg/8071840920/in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/istokg/7607387688/in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/istokg/7556980180/in/photostream

Also... to be included is the only known (in public domain) of the entire
Christiansen family, image taken in 1962 for a German magazine... showing
Godtfred Kirk, his wife Edith, and 3 children Gunhild, Kjeld and Hanne.  Today
Edith is still alive in her upper 80s, and Kjeld and Gunhild are in their 60s...
the owners of Kirkbi/AG... the parent company of TLG and all the LEGO patents.
Godtfred died in 1995 (age 74), and Hanne in 1969 (traffic accident) at age 18.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54802887@N08/8260902424/sizes/l/in/pool-1476354@N21/

Cheers,
Gary Istok

P.S.  Other future chapters will include the 9 Volt train system (the 4.5V and
12V trains are already all included), as well as newer sets and LEGO Systems.
At some point the DVD/download will exceed 3-4 thousand pages.