 General / 55975
Re: The oldest known LEGO bricks set of 1949??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 31 Dec 2012 20:10:44 GMT

Gary Istok wrote:

Anders, those 1949 era bricks (only 2x2 and 2x4 would have been made
that year)... did not have any LEGO identification on them.

From 1949-52 there was no LEGO logo on the studs, and none on the
underside.

OK, two of my three bricks are like that (red and yellow)...

From 1952-55 there was no LEGO logo on the studs, but there was the
logo in "block letters" on the underside.

...and the white one is like that. So the 'Danish story' is not completely
true, but the bricks are at least very old. Thansk for the history lessons,
Gary!

P.S. Chapter 49 (LEGO Bricks) of my LEGO DVD/download goes into a lot
of details into old 1949-52, 1952-55, 1955-56, 1956-58, 1958-62, and
1962-present LEGO bricks/logos.

I think it's time I get a new edition of your Lego history - I've got the
first CD version, but it seems you have been quite productive since then :-)

Happy New Year to all lugnet readers! (OK, still three hours to go, but
anyway...)

--
Anders Isaksson