 General / 55413
55412  |  55414
Subject:
Bricklink Forums, home of the 1/2 truth!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 2010 10:26:57 GMT

Howdy all.

I woke up this morning to a pile of emails from people!

Including one from the new store.

So I can cut and paste too.  So here is my response to the 1/2 truths of The
Bricklink Forum.

Funny, if I post this in bricklink (well I am not registered any longer, so I
cannot).  It would be banned.

The MODs in bricklink have decided to wage a personal war against me.  So I got
off there since it was getting more and more stupid.

I LEFT BRICKLINK, and I plan to keep it that way.  I would love a posting
account, but I am not going to have my freedom of speech attacked at every
posting, so until I can get something in writing that says they will stop
attacking my posts.  I am off that Dictatorship.

Now that said, I think bricklink is a wonderful place to buy and sell product!
And I have, and will help multiple stores get setup, running, and help them in
any way I can.  I also supply a multitude of different Ebay, Amazon, Craigslist,
Bricklink as well as other physical sales stores with their product.  And
hundreds of people off my own mailing list with bulk product!  I do not feel
that paying the bricklink Admin to be harassed is worth my time and effort.

On to the forum posts.  Pretty low attacking a person who cannot respond!  But
that is their way.  And they CAN respond here if they need to.

Here is the forum post;

"..snip..
PBM is the owner of http://www.bricklink.us  which redirects to
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=warehouse
..snip.."

This is partial true!  I was the owner of PBM (which is and will remain closed).
PBM was transfered at one point to another entity. I followed the hallowed TOS.
And I quote;

"Our services are available only to individuals and firms who can form legally
binding contracts under applicable law"

Now the store is owned by a firm, not by me as a person.  But to this day they
continue to fight me on this point (over and over and over and over).  I
followed their rules, and they hate me for it.

  And I did purchase MULTIPLE URL links.  When I closed my store, I just
transferred the links to the new store.  Jon has NO knowledge of this, and it
was me!  I have nothing left of the bricklink experience that is good.  So I
will do everything I can to annoy them.  Sorry, but after years of taking abuse,
I feel it is my right to dish some out.  And since I am looking at legal action
against the MODs and Bricklink Admin I feel giving them some ammo to use in
court is fine.  I have disclosed all of this to my Atty, and he will be in
touch.

"Like a good soldier a good lawyer knows that the best way to win is not to
fight
if it can be avoided. What Admin CAN do is kick this seller off BrickLink."

Answer;  Yes he does have the authority to kick anyone off.  But since this
poster was "banned for life" from the forums, his post means little (but as
usual it is annoying).  And I am off bricklink, and plan to stay that way thank
you very much.

"Admin has the authority to do so under the ToS and any big seller kicked off BL
would
stand to lose most of their business. And there would not be any reduction in
BL selling fees since others sellers will quickly fill the void and get all the
sales this seller would have gotten. NO seller here is too big for BrickLink."
poster, "Mr. Banned from Forum"

Answer; I cannot see the Admins books yet, but I am sure the loss of sellers
cannot be good for the business, and lets be very plain.  This is a business.
They like to play it like it is some hobby gone nuts!  But you pay fees to SELL
on this site!  So it is a business.  And since the 'employ' people to work there
they can be held accountable for liable and slander.

"Like Remy and others, I think this seller's use of the misleading bricklink.us
is pretty sleazy, but it does not surprise me considering their past here."
Poster Mr. Banned from the Forums again.

Answer; Again, Mr. Banned for life is putting me on another entity.  Jon's store
was created from a 0 feedback store.  He is his own entity, has been his own
entity, and the things he is speaking of were MY problems.  Not his.  Their
meddling cost me a 3000+ store, thousands of dollars in lost revenue. Their
meddling in my business is going to be addressed, and I am sure the people
involved will not be happy at getting the paperwork that is coming. Again, this
will be discussed in another forum.  A courtroom.

This
seller has repeatedly shown a blatant disregard for the BL ToS and cares only
about themselves. They started here by quietly purchasing the account of another
seller and masquerading as that more experienced seller,

Answer;  Again, old news. Not even sure if this is a 1/2 truth.  They are
speaking of me, Dan Brown.  I purchased a store on Ebay years ago.  Have paid
for it 1000x over.  They did not blame the seller, just me.  And 3000+ feedbacks
later and they still blame me.  I coined the phrase "Hater".  And it is funny,
over the years they turned me into what they were.  Shame too, I had nothing buy
love for the hobby.  Now it is nothing but stress for me.

they opened at least
a half dozen BL accounts even after they were told they could not do so, they
copied images donated by BL members and illegally used them on their own
commercial
website off BrickLink,

Answer;  Remember the 1/2 truth thing.  The 'abuse' he states above was nothing
more then my programmer setting up my site.  They latch on to anything they can
to try and make it a major offense.

The real truth;

During a setup session my programmer came to me and asked me for pictures to
setup my future site (not open to the public).  I told him I would be getting
him pictures made of the figs I sell.  He took it upon himself to grab pics to
show me what the site is going to look like.  I sent it over to some of my so
called friends on bricklink to approve the format of the site.  They did, and
the new pics were in the programmers hands when this came up.  We did not even
have the product of which the pictures were used.  But again, it comes to MODs
of the forum trying ANYTHING to get people to stop buying from my old store.

2nd Real truth;

During periods in the bricklink it was needed to have multiple accounts.  I had
a buying account called clarity.  I was a BL buyer (like most of you).  I bought
a store off Ebay called Amac1.  That store sat dormant for over a year.  During
one building session I went to purchase product from bricklink!  I found the
product while I was routing around my store.  It was sitting in my inventory!  I
looked around the box and it was written "Bricklink store" on it.  So I opened
it and found a note from the seller, and I quote "Here is my login info.
Enjoy".  So I logged in.  Never knew about selling on bricklink, did not want to
sell on bricklink!  So I had a person there who wanted to try it, and I opened
the store under new management.  Made some mistakes on selling, asked some
questions in the forums, and whammo I was attacked by some wanna be lawyer
called Foster.  Well here it is YEARS later, and he and little band of haters is
still around.  They still have a soft spot for attacking me (if I am there or
not to defend myself).  Every time I went to defend myself on the forums one of
the MODs banned me.  Costing my store business.  So I took it for quite awhile.
Troy, Admin and others got sick of me reporting it.  And to put it plainly I was
sick of it as well.  They banned Foster "for life", guess he died and came back
to life since a week later there he was!  And once again he was after me.

The other accounts he speaks of were ALL sanctioned by Admin/Troy/Mods for
testing purposes, store transfers, repairs to inventory.  Believe me, if I had
EVER bought from another of my entities you would hear about it.

I had (well the store had) over 3000 feedbacks, none of which were from any of
my entities (run Amac1, clarity, legomine in feedback).  But it kills them that
I wanted to learn!  And learn I did.  I used my gained knowledge to "get around"
the TOS, promote the store both on and off bricklink.  Post in the forums, and
did what I could to get the best prices for my clients.

Forum post;

..snip..
and now they are using a name misleadingly and confusingly
very similar to BrickLink.com to redirect buyers to their own shop. How much
does it take before enough is enough?
..snip..

Answer; Again, 1/2 truth again.  I cannot think of one instance I or ANYONE has
used bricklink.us in an add, posting, email, or anything.  The Truth;

I bought that link to post a MESSAGE to the forum people!  The links to the
store were not on purpose. When PBM was forced to merge inventory, the links
were auto drawn over to the new site.

I did not want to start the war until I had all my ducks in a row.  I am almost
there.  So the link of bricklink.us will be a posting BY ME of what has happened
to PBM, and the pending lawsuit coming at the MODs.

Then we have;

"This is how the big trademark holders get rid of domains without going to
court.
The WIPO process just removes offending domains from the DNS system, and
basically
just requires the filing of a form.

Troy "

And they should know.  Brickbay is now bricklink!  Seems "the place where MODs
and Admin can do no wrong" stepped on someone else's toes at one point in their
history.  People in glass houses should not throw rocks!

Well that life is over!  I have a select group of buyers now, and I cater to
them.  I plan to keep it that way!

Thanks for listening, and I am sorry for such a long winded email!

Dan Brown, former PBM.