 General / 55045
Re: What I want for Christmas
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 27 Dec 2008 08:00:38 GMT

--snip--

   Hopefully, they’ll be willing to give us a few more details soon, even if it’s just a definite *month* for release and some vagueries about the number of train sets we’ll see released by Xmas 2009. Thanks again for poking them for us.

Keep in mind that release dates won’t be fixed until everything is sorted out and ready to be released. As past experience has shown, from TLG’s perspective it’s better to be vague and correct than exact and incorrect. Remember too that releasing information about products too far in advance can have unforseen consequences. People can develop fixed ideas from unfixed designs and get testy when their expectations aren’t met.

But I can assure you that whatever is allowed to be made public will be as soon as possible.

Tim

PS. And a big thanks to everyone in this thread for remaining civil.