 General / 55040
Re: What I want for Christmas
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 24 Dec 2008 01:33:10 GMT

In lugnet.general, Timothy Gould wrote:
   In lugnet.general, John Gerlach wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Michael Zecca wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Timothy Gould wrote:

What would you like to know?

Tim

A release date (month, anyway) for the first Power Functions train sets would be a major step in spreading the word and I’m sure that’s the first thing on J-1’s list. Any information on price points and types of sets that are coming out in 2009 would also help. We’re also getting some questions about track geometries and track pieces - anything new coming down the pike?

Michael, GMLTC

All that would be a good start.

I’d like to know recommended age range(s), since so many of the people asking us train questions are parents with small kids.

I’d like to know what sort of battery pack they’ll have. I seem to remember someone saying something about a rechargeable battery pack, that would be nice, especially if we could quick-charge it during shows. Will the trains have an automatic shut-down timer, like the existing Duplo trains? Or, will we be able to just start ‘em up and let them go for a few hours? It’s quite annoying when the train decides to shut itself down in the most in-accessable part of the layout.

I’d like to know what sort of accessories LEGO is planning for the PF train line. Any other remote control goodies? Will we be able to get individual parts through Shop@Home? I know we’ll need several extra motors and battery packs, and likely extra chargers. We have seven operating loops on our layout, I can imagine that two or three of them being switched (no pun intended) to the battery trains right away.

Release date, and perhaps a list of the initial sets would be great.

Heck, since you’re asking, I’ll just shoot for the moon: How about a new train poster (like the one that had the Santa Fe on it) showing the new stuff?

J-1

The head of the PFS group is on holidays presently but I will pass this list on to him in the new year and I’ll pass it through the Ambassadors program now in case that gets different results. I suspect that some of this may be answered and most of it will not (in some cases because it hasn’t yet been decided).

Thanks for looking into this for the community, Tim.

I’m sure we’ll all appreciate whatever you’re able to share.

Cheers

Richie Dulin
CO Legeaux